Willkommen, bienvenue, welcome, welkom
Welcome to the Solar Cooking Wiki! We're delighted you're here and we invite you to add new articles and to contribute to existing articles and discussions.
The purpose of this wiki is to encourage the spread of solar cooking worldwide to improve quality of life and reduce the contribution of wood fuel cooking to deforestation and global warming.
Tips on using the wiki:
- If you are new to Wikia or wikis in general, you may want to start with a short tutorial.
- Discussion of any aspect of the site, and enquiries, can be made at the watercooler or on the "discussion" page associated with each article.
- Please sign your name on forum and talk pages using four tildes (~~~~). This will automatically add your name and the date to your message. It lets readers know "who to talk to" and whether your message is current. If you write on a user's "talk" page, that user will get an alerting message on his or her next visit.
- If you want to know who's doing what on the wiki, the "recent changes" page lists all edits and their authors (anonymous or signed-in).
- If you need help, leave a note on the help desk, or ask me on my talk page.
--Walter Siegmund 17:18, 10 April 2007 (UTC)
I reworded your entry in the Concordance
Hi Mike. I just put your working into the third person to match the rest of the article. Thanks for the addition! Tom Sponheim 17:23, 10 April 2007 (UTC)
From the upload log, it appears that you may have uploaded multiple copies of your images.  Because of caching, both in your browser and in the Wikia servers, changes may not always be visible immediately. If you are impatient, refresh/reload your browser (usually a button near the top of your browser window). Also, try http://solarcooking.wikia.com/index.php?title=Image%3A33460142.JPG&action=purge (for example). Action=purge purges the wikia server cache for this image. If you have no use for the copies of your images and wish to keep only the latest one that you uploaded, let me know and I'll be happy to delete the older versions of each image. Happy editing! Walter Siegmund 17:45, 10 April 2007 (UTC)
- Please, delete any extra pictures on the server. I had been trying to download more pictures to my addition on the plane mirror solar cooker designs page as a gallery. I don't know what I am doing, so it did not work. One picture with a link to my story is enough anyway. Thank you for your help. Template:Unsigned
I deleted the extra pictures per your request. You can make image galleries as above (edit this page to see how I did it). Upload the images the way you uploaded the previous ones. It might be helpful to readers if you have images of some of the non-obvious mechanical details. Also, we are lacking high-resolution, high-quality, appealing images of solar cooked food. Best wishes, Walter Siegmund 20:28, 13 April 2007 (UTC)
I want to thank everyone allowing me to be a featured article story. I think Joseph Odey would be nice as a human interest story. The picture looks great as well.
- Mike- I copied your note into Solar Cooking talk:This week's featured article#Solar Cooking:This week's featured article/2007-05-13. Thanks for the suggestion! Beth Ogilvie 20:28, 11 May 2007 (UTC)
I do not see a way to add "Seafood" into the blue tinted recipe box that is on the right side of the screen on each page of the recipe section. -Mike
- It's in Template:Recipe TOC. I took care of it. It's great you're adding recipes! You can sign & date talk page entries with 4 tildes (~~~~) Beth Ogilvie 01:20, 14 May 2007 (UTC)
Thank you. There still a line across the word Dessert in the display. Does the box need a resizing or something?Mike Pool 01:36, 14 May 2007 (UTC)Mike Pool
- I don't see a line in my display right now, but I know what you're talking about because I've seen it on other pages. I think it depends on the browser, window size, etc. (In other words, I think it's a bug in the browser.) Try making your window narrower or wider and see it that changes it. I've tried rearranging the pics a little, and I made the nav box a little narrower (by removing "cooking" from "cooking tips"). Let me know if any of it helps. Beth Ogilvie 19:36, 14 May 2007 (UTC)
Hi Mike; I was curious to know whether any of the recipe articles that you've been working on might be suitable for featured article? Image:33460187.JPG is visually appealing and would make me want to read how it was done! Please nominate FAs at Solar_Cooking_talk:This_week's_featured_article#Solar_Cooking:This_week.27s_featured_article.2F2007-05-20. Walter Siegmund (talk) 18:02, 16 May 2007 (UTC)
Here is something interesting.
- A link to the scientific paper appears in wikipedia:Nicole_Kuepper. Walter Siegmund (talk) 15:38, 26 August 2008 (UTC)
The same principle could be applied by using a windmill. A small photovoltaic panel running a small pump could work also.
This idea could be useful to some countries with a coastline.
I have unintentionally erased a caracter in Books. I thought I was only copying the code, but the recent activity page shows a -1 for books.
So, I did an "undo".