Are you good with bots? Edit
Hi. We need some help with bots to do some clean up on Solarcooking. Would you be available?
Tom Sponheim 05:33, July 27, 2011 (UTC)
- If you explain me what is the task I could check if my bot is able to do so and reply properly. --Cizagna (Discusión) • Helper • Central hispana 21:20, 27 July 2011 (UTC) 21:20, July 27, 2011 (UTC)
- We want to do some wholesale category switching. For example we want to change the [[Category:Who's who in the solar cooking movement|Lastname]] category to be changed to [[Individuals|Last name]]. We want to change [[Category:Countries involved in solar cooking]] to [[Category:Countries]]. There are a few other changes we'd like to make, but nothing more complicated that this. Is this something that your bot could do? Tom Sponheim 22:44, July 27, 2011 (UTC)
- Yes I can do it. Simple changes like you request for example [[Category:Countries involved in solar cooking]] to [[Category:Countries]]. The one of Who's who in the solar cooking I don't understand what or how do you want ti to change. do you want it to change from a Category to a link? I have warp your link in to nowiki tags to avoid them workin and so they look ok when reading. --Cizagna (Discusión) • Helper • Central hispana 03:51, 28 July 2011 (UTC)
- Great. I forgot about the <nowiki> thing. Both changes involved just changing one category for another. If the category has the lastname field indicating sort order, this would need to be maintained. Would you be able to convert the country category for us as a start? Tom Sponheim
- Remember if you dont close a tag that open and closes you will have huge issues like the one i was having when editing this page. (I have enclose the nowiki tag in some nowiki tags so it does not activate.
- Done with the country ones. For the other one I still need clarification if you want to be as a link ([[Individuals|Last name]]) as you added above or as a category ([[Category:Individuals|Last name]]). --Cizagna (Discusión) • Helper • Central hispana 06:24, 29 July 2011 (UTC)
- We want to change the "Who's who in the solar cooking movement" category to an "Individuals" category and retain the last name field after the bar.Tom Sponheim 17:54, July 30, 2011 (UTC)
- Done --Cizagna (Discusión) • Helper • Central hispana 00:59, 31 July 2011 (UTC)
- Thanks so much! We might have a few other changes that come up in the future. Would you be willing to make a few more bot changes for us then? We really appreciate what you've done. Tom Sponheim 17:07, July 31, 2011 (UTC)
- Yeah, no problem just drop me a message here and as soon as I see it I will do it. Or inform if there is an issue with the request. --Cizagna (Discusión) • Helper • Central hispana 07:27, 01 August 2011 (UTC)
Are you available for another bot change for us on solarcooking? Edit
Hi. We have need of another change. This change would only need to be made on the pages in this category:
We want to change a bunch of external links to point to the new location of an external resource. For example:
Thus you should replace:
...this text: html/s/sol/cocina/directorio/
...with this: cocinas/
Is this something that you can do for us?
Tom Sponheim 19:25, December 23, 2011 (UTC)
- Thanks so much! You are very quick. Tom Sponheim 00:43, December 24, 2011 (UTC)
More bot changes needed on solarcookingEdit
Are you available to do a few more changes on the site for us?
- Just tell me what what you need :p --Cizagna (Discussion) • Helper • Central hispana 01:02, 05 June 2013 (UTC)
- Done. Sorry for the RC spam forgot to change myself to bot. Also I noted a weird bug for some reason the video files of the pages I edited got created... not sure why so just that you know. Anything more don't forget to drop me a message here ;) --Cizagna (Discussion) • Helper • Central hispana 05:53, 15 June 2013 (UTC)