Welcome! You can leave messages for Beth Ogilvie here.
Earlier discussions have been archived.
Adding a plans gallery
Hi, Beth. You once expressed interested in moving all of the plans over to the Wiki. I have a few volunteers working on moving over the most important plans. Would you have time to create a gallery of plans somewhat like http://solarcooking.org/plans? It might be good to add this gallery to the top of Category:Solar_cooker_plans. What do you think? Tom Sponheim 17:19, 18 July 2008 (UTC)
- Tom: I'm booked up till about Aug 19 or 20. Let me know if you want me to do it then... --Beth Ogilvie 16:26, 25 July 2008 (UTC)
- Beth, I did respond to your email. Here is the text: Thanks for your offer. What would be great would be to add a section to the top of http://solarcooking.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Solar_cooker_plans with some featured cooker designs. I’d like this to be somewhat analogous to the Plans page on the Archive (http://solarcooking.org/plans), except I would only want to show perhaps 6 models. I’d also like some narration explaining the pluses and minuses of each cooker. I’d also like it to be clear that further down the page is a massive list of plans for other designs and below that photos of each of the cookers that we have plans for. Tom Sponheim 00:47, 1 September 2008 (UTC)
- Hi Tom. Happy 2009! What 6 models do you want to feature? I could get this done now. And on a dfferent topic, how did you archive that old chunk of your talk page? Did you just rename the page and then create a new one? Thanks. --Beth Ogilvie 17:18, 4 January 2009 (UTC)
Can you help me?
Please, do you can help me with my wiki?
I wanted to put the Share on Facebook, and that the edit box look like you. Thank you!
It is a very nice wiki!
Rilson Joás 17:20, May 31, 2010 (UTC)
- Hi Rilson! I'm not quite sure what you're asking. Do you want to add to your page on this wiki? Or make your Facebook page link to this wiki?
- To upload a picture of yourself like the little one I have, login, then look for the white-on-blue 'More' menu in the upper right corner just left of 'Log out'. Click that and select Preferences. Scroll down to 'Avatar' and under 'Upload a new avatar' you can click 'Browse' to upload a picture of yourself. --Beth Ogilvie 02:53, June 1, 2010 (UTC)
I just read (in the wiki) about your role in making the conversion from the archive to the wiki. Well done! This wiki is a gem for the worldwide community. Your picture of the "smoky fire" is wonderful. May I ask where and when you took the picture?
220.127.116.11 15:38, January 18, 2013 (UTC)Julie Greene, Executive Director, Solar Cookers International
Thanks, Julie! Not sure which picture you mean, though. Could you provide the URL? Beth Ogilvie (talk) 23:12, January 18, 2013 (UTC)
Problem with the signup sheet
Hi, Beth. There seems to be a problem with the signup sheet. At the bottom it says continually "Loading reCAPTCHA..." Can you have a look? Email me if you need credentials. http://solarcooking.org/join/joinSCInet.htm
Tom Sponheim (talk) 23:45, January 31, 2014 (UTC)
can you tell me how the specific modell of solar bbq is called you published in this picture http://solarcooking.wikia.com/wiki/File:Solar_bbq.jpg?
I would be very interrested if this bbq is for sale somewhere becaus it looks very practical and portable.
Thanks for answering :)