Last edited: 1 August 2017
Students in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, learn to solar cook in 2015. Photo credit: SuryaKumbh
- NEW: 21-23 March 2019: AfriShiners - The AfriShiners 3rd International Workshop is taking place in Eldoret, Kenya. (Unfortunately, registration is full for this event). More information...
- July 2016: A new solar concentrator power plant was recently approved for construction in Dubai and is set to be the largest in the world. The plant will reportedly generate 1,000 megawatts of power by 2020 and 5,000 megawatts by 2030. Read more...
- July 2016: So far Beacon Energy Solutions has introduced solar cooking to more than 200 students across three different schools in Dubai. Read more... - Khaleej Times
- June 2015: Dubai students learn to use solar reflectors to cook in the sun - Inspired by the Guinness World Record setting event held in Mumbai, India, earlier this year, Beacon Energy Solutions partnered with DPS Academy in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, to "inspire youngsters to harness ... solar energy." Sixty-seven students from grades 5 - 8 gathered to learn how to use a solar oven to cook several types of local dishes.
- Main article: History of solar cooking
Climate and culture
- Wikipedia article on the climate of United Arab Emirates
- Solar cooker dissemination and cultural variables
Construction plans in Arabic
- CooKit variation (made from smaller pieces of cardboard)
- Minimum Box Cooker
- Solar Water Pasteurizer
- See general guidance on raising funds through grants and donations.
Articles in the media
- September 2017: Women Play Key Role in Solar Energy Projects - Inter Press Service
- December 2015: Noodles made in solar cookers - Dubai News Express
- Main article: Solar Cookers International Association
Manufacturers and vendors