Last updated: 28 May 2017
Students in Dubai, United Arab Emirates learn to solar cook in 2015. Photo credit: Khaleej Times
- 29 October - 2 November 2017: (Abu Dhabi) The ISES Solar World Congress 2017 will convene at the Jumeirah Hotel Etihad Towers. The event will be hosted by Masdar Institute of Science and Technology. SWC 2017 and SHC 2017 will provide the most up-to-date information on renewable energy technology trends and breakthroughs, global and regional policies, and market opportunities.gional policies, and market opportunities. More information...
- July 2016: A new solar concentrator power plant was recently approved for construction in Dubai and is set to be the largest in the world. The plant will reportedly generate 1,000 megawatts of power by 2020 and 5,000 megawatts by 2030. Read more...
- July 2016: So far Beacon Energy Solutions has introduced solar cooking to more than 200 students across three different schools in Dubai. Read more... - Khaleej Times
- June 2015: Dubai students learn to use solar reflectors to cook in the sun - Inspired by the Guinness World Record setting event held in Mumbai, India earlier this year, Beacon Energy Solutions partnered with DPS Academy in Dubai, United Arab Emirates to "inspire youngsters to harness...solar energy." 67 students from grades 5-8 gathered to learn how to use a solar oven to cook several types of local dishes.
Climate and culture
- Wikipedia article on the climate of United Arab Emirates
- Solar cooker dissemination and cultural variables
Construction plans in Arabic
- CooKit variation (made from smaller pieces of cardboard)
- Minimum Box Cooker
- Solar Water Pasteurizer
- See general guidance on raising funds through grants and donations.
Articles in the media
- December 2015: Noodles made in solar cookers - Dubai News Express
Manufacturers and vendors