Last updated: December 5, 2011
The Tulsi Hybrid Oven, manufactured by Sun BD Corporation, has a unique electrical backup allowing it to be used with or without sun. In backup mode, a built-in thermostat automatically adjusts the temperature as needed. The Tulsi-Hybrid comes with four stainless steel lidded pots that are hard black coated for UV heat absorption.
The Tulsi-Hybrid features:
- A rugged one-piece reflector panel
- Double paned oven window
- Double rubber oven seals
- Larger internal cooking chamber allows you to cook up to 4 foods at a time
- Rugged suitcase design offers clamshell like protection to internal parts
- Portable for easy transporting
Recent news and developments
- December 2011: The Sun BD Corporation began manufacturing the full-sized Made in USA SunFocus™ solar electric oven, a variation of the Tulsi-Hybrid solar cooker.
- September 2007: Tulsi-Hybrid shown in live TV on the CBS Early Edition morning show with Harry Smith (The segment featuring the Tulsi-Hybrid is at the end of the video.)
Audio and video
- See Sun BD Corporation.