To help us with this wiki, just choose a task below and put your name next to it. When you are finished, move the task to the finished tasks section at the bottom of the page. See also What you can do to promote solar cooking.
One-time tasks Edit
- (Empty, for now)
- Katjo.Mencanto (talk) Go through site to make sure that metric system is used first with US measurments in parens after.
- Add links to existing categories from each of the Compendium pages.
- Add links to each of the cookers on Amazon that SCI doesn't sell incorporating our associate querystring (http://www.amazon.com/?ie=UTF8&*Version*=1&*entries*=0&link_code=hom&tag=solarcookersint-20).
- Revisit which cookers are featured here: Buy a solar cooker.
- Add template to allow the display of a Google map and Google Earth KML file for important projects.
- Integrate interesting cookers into the site: All solar cooking manufacturers on Alibaba.com
- Katjo.Mencanto (talk) - Write to all Category:Solar Cookers International Network members whose pages are stubs asking for more information.
- Integrate the advice given here into the discussion about cultural variables (P).
- Use robot to change foreign language translate links templates to use GoogleTranslateLinksAuto after more testing.
- Integrate any pertinent information from the HEDON Wiki into our Wiki. http://www.hedon.info/Category:SolarCookers
- Write to all solar cooker manufacturers here and invite them to add pages to the wiki.
- Recruit "subject matter experts" for each country.
- Make sure all templates are protected.
- Check all external links on the site to make sure that they still work (T to write program).
- Integrate Solar cooker models compared into site.
- Add other newsletters to Category:Newsletters
- Add page that discusses the participation by the UN in solar cooking.
On-going tasks Edit
- Move all past events in the Calendar of events to Past events.
- Katjo Mencanto - Stub articles: I am working on checking all stub articles to see if they can be "unstubbified" -- that is, if information can be added to fill out their descriptions. I am focusing on those articles that are stubs because there are graphics in the area normally filled by text (but no text). I will expand to the actual data-less stubs as I go along. (I moved this from "One-Time Tasks" to this area since it probably is going to be a never-ending tasker) Katjo.Mencanto (talk) 03:10, August 14, 2013 (UTC)
- Katjo Mencanto 10:23, November 5, 2013 (UTC) Removed the recipe header from the unedited Recipes pages and replaced with GoogleTranslateLinks.
- Katjo Mencanto 19:32, August 4, 2013 (UTC) Added Category:NGOs using CooKits and went through NGO list adding the category to the applicable NGOs.
- Katjo Mencanto 01:11, July 20, 2013 (UTC) Implement on the site the new definition of a stub: An article with no text other than links and categories. A stub is now officially a page that has no text at the top before the first section (External links, Contact, etc.). Thus go through all Category:Cooking Stubs, Category:NGO Stubs, etc. and remove the stub template if the page has some text
- Katjo Mencanto 04:08, July 24, 2013 (UTC) Fix the formatting on Lejofonds.
- Abigail Fay 12:37, December 6, 2009 Add redirects for countries whose name is different in French and Spanish (e.g., Algérie).
- Abigail Fay 12:37, November 19, 2009 Starting with Zimbabwe and going backwards in the alphabet in Countries, go through the History of solar cooking sections looking for red links. Check to see if there are slight text variations that are causing these links to be broken.
- Ben Hedrick 05:47, November 9, 2009 (UTC) Go to each page in Category:India and make the state hot in the "Contact" section of the page.
- Michael Michalowicz 03:45, December 18, 2009 (UTC) Go through every page in Category:NGOs and make sure that the country code has been indicated for each telephone number.
- Michael Michalowicz 00:24, November 13, 2009 (UTC) Go to the Poland page and add links to all of the pages written in Polish in the French wiki.
- Michael Michalowicz 20:30, November 12, 2009 (UTC) Go to every page listed here, click on the most representative image, and add the "Solar panel cooker designs" category.
- Michael Michalowicz 00:24, November 11, 2009 (UTC) Add this cooker to the wiki.
- Michael Michalowicz 22:52, November 5, 2009 (UTC) Add article about this cooker.
- Ben Hedrick 20:25, October 12, 2009 (UTC) Change Category:Panel_cooker_plans to be [[Category:Solar panel cooker plans]].
See also Archived completed tasks.