To help us with this wiki, just choose a task below and put your name next to it. When you are finished, move the task to the finished tasks section at the bottom of the page. See also What you can do to promote solar cooking.
One-time tasks Edit
- Go through all of Solarcookingnut's videos and add as appropriate to Wiki articles (See Solarcookingnut.)
- Add verbiage to WAPI to indicate that water slowly heats and cools and is thus in kill zone for quite a time.
- Tighten up Canning article including some caveats for these issues: "We do not, and cannot recommend these canning procedures, even for fruits. I have never seen any heat penetration work published or referenced to know these procedures take care of target microorganisms for all different fruits and tomatoes. If it was this simple, we would have the same process time for every fruit, even in boiling water. Different foods and packs heat differently while processing in the canner. They are mis-interpreting "all you need is boiling temperature." The goal is not to just bring the syrup to boiling and stop heating. Plus, when syrups or liquids boil out of the jar, you run the risk of lids not sealing, since those surfaces which meet should be clean. Also, we set goals for desirable headspaces and evacuation of air from jars before sealing for good vacuums and quality during storage. Our recommendations do not include solar canning or the description you have provided."
- Add any missing solar cooker designs and NGOs from the French Wiki
- Add all kava partners to all country pages as possible funders
- Add links to existing categories from each of the Compendium pages.
- Add links to each of the cookers on Amazon that SCI doesn't sell incorporating our associate querystring (http://www.amazon.com/?ie=UTF8&*Version*=1&*entries*=0&link_code=hom&tag=solarcookersint-20).
- Revisit which cookers are featured here: Buy a solar cooker.
- Add template to allow the display of a Google map and Google Earth KML file for important projects.
- Integrate interesting cookers into the site: All solar cooking manufacturers on Alibaba.com
- Katjo.Mencanto (talk) - Write to all Category:Solar Cookers International Network members whose pages are stubs asking for more information.
- Integrate the advice given here into the discussion about cultural variables (P).
- Use robot to change foreign language translate links templates to use GoogleTranslateLinksAuto after more testing.
- Integrate any pertinent information from the HEDON Wiki into our Wiki. http://www.hedon.info/Category:SolarCookers
- Write to all solar cooker manufacturers here and invite them to add pages to the wiki.
- Recruit "subject matter experts" for each country.
- Make sure all templates are protected.
- Check all external links on the site to make sure that they still work (T to write program).
- Integrate Solar cooker models compared into site.
- Add other newsletters to Category:Newsletters
- Add page that discusses the participation by the UN in solar cooking.
On-going tasks Edit
- Test every external link on every NGO page and use the Wayback Machine on http://archive.org to recover any missing pages. Division of labor here
See also Archived completed tasks.