Last updated: March 11, 2013
TinyTech Plants is a manufacturer of a wide range of renewable energy devices including domestic and community solar cookers.
TinyTech Founder and Director, Veljibhai Desai, writes:
Recently I have developed unique small community parabolic solar cooker which is very much suitable for refugee camps, mid day meals, schools, hostels, hotels, restaurants, hospitals, offices, small factories, clubs, associations, communities, small home scale cooking related business etc. Its unique features are:
- This is the cheapest and the first folding community solar cooker in the world. So
- It can be packed in to cartoon box of size 40" x 12" x 6" (1/150 of assembled volume).
- 20 cookers fit in 1 cubic meter. A 20 ft container can hold 400 community cookers.
- 10 kg of rice cook in 50 minutes, so from 9 am to 5 pm, you can cook about 80 kg of rice.
- One cooker is suitable for 30 to 40 persons.
- Net weight is 57 kg. With cartoon box, it is 60 kg.
- Assemble the entire cooker in 30 minutes. Tying reflector strips takes further 60 to 80 minutes.
- The reflector is 2 meters x 1.5 meter = 3 sq meters. Concentration is equivalent to 50 suns.
- The entire cooker is powder coated in attractive colours.
- COST US$ 240/-.
Date: 10-5-2009. 6.2 kg of rice was cooked in 29 minutes
Weight of empty vessel 550 grams
Weight of dry rice 2000 grams
Weight of rice+water+vessel=7000 grams
Cooking started at 12:02 noon and finished at 12:31 p.m. – total cooking time 29 minutes
Weight of cooked rice+vessel=6750 grams.
Weight of cooked rice 6200 grams.
Temperature recorded 225 degree C.
Date: 11-5-2009. 10.3 kg of rice was cooked in 50 minutes
Weight of empty vessel 1850 gramsWeight of dry rice 3050 grams
Weight of rice+water+vessel= 12,350 grams
Cooking started at 12 noon and finished at 12:50 p.m. – total cooking time 50 minutes
Weight of cooked rice+vessel=12150 grams.
Weight of cooked rice 12150 - 1850 = 10300 grams.
Our other activities: manufacturing and exporting tiny oil mills, tiny jaggery plants, tiny sugarcane crushers, tiny maize mills, tiny potato wafer plants, solar cookers, steam engines, tiny steam power plants, domestic biogas plants, small wind turbines, human power generator etc. All these items can play very vital role to uplift our common masses. Our domestic parabolic solar cooker is becoming popular and we got overwhelming response. Recently we exported 400 solar cookers to Israel.
- Butterfly Community Solar Cooker
- Domestic Parabolic Solar Cooker
- AGE Solar Cooker
- Community Solar Cooker 3 SQ MT
- Solar Roasted Peanut Butter Plant
Mobile: +91 92 27 60 65 70
Tel: +91 281 243 1086
Fax: +91 281 246 7552