Most significant solar cooking projects
- 85,000 refugees from Bhutan have solar cooked their meals in Nepal - The Vajra Foundation Holland (Stichting Vajra) has worked in the Bhutanese refugee camps in Nepal since 1995 to bring solar cooking and heat-retention cooking to the refugees there. By 2013 some 85,000 refugees were cooking their meals using these methods. The on-the-ground work is done by Vajra Foundation Nepal and financing is provided by the Dutch Lottery and the Dutch NGO Stichting Vluchteling.
- See other Most significant solar cooking projects worldwide.
Recent news and developments
- February 2008: Bhutanese refugees in Nepal have a new way to prepare meals, without firewood, kerosene or the risk of smoke inhalation - the solar cooker. - Ode Magazine
- February 2008: Feature: Sunny side up - The Financial Times
- July 2007: Dutch children learn to cook crêpes on solar cookers used in Nepal camps - Reuters
2517 HZ The Hague
Tel: + 31 70 346 89 46
Fax: + 31 70 361 57 40