Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Last updated: 26 October 2016
At Solavore™, we believe that cooking fuel should be healthy and as abundant as sunlight.
The preparation of food using heat is the most elemental of human endeavors. Cooking sustains our bodies, nourishes our souls, unites us around a common hearth. In a world of infinite richness and variety, cooking is a common thread stretching across time and cultures.
We build ovens that make clean-cooking fun, easy and liberating.
We build ovens that will be game-changers for women who risk their lives every day gathering wood or burning it, simply to feed their families.
Every oven purchased gets us one step closer to putting out a wood-fuel fire somewhere in the world.
Solavore was founded by Anne Patterson in 2015 in order to resume production of the Solar Oven Society's flagship oven, the Sport Solar Oven. With guidance from SOS’s founders and the Sport’s designers, Anne is applying a career’s-worth of business savvy to build a robust, sustainable company that generates not only profits but also social and environmental dividends.
The renamed Solavore Sport is a retained-heat box-type solar oven made of rugged, durable, lightweight injection- molded nylon resin. Surround insulation and two-pot capacity enable unattended, family-size, year-round cooking. The included water pasteurization indicator adds clean water to the Solavore Sport’s versatility, along with slow-cooking, baking, and dehydrating.
- October 2016: Solavore, LLC Named One of the Best Privately-Owned Companies in America by Entrepreneur Magazines - "Top performers are determined by how well-rounded they are in four key areas: impact, innovation, growth and leadership. Entrepreneurship is a complex endeavor -- this listing recognizes those who have mastered the challenge and are thriving this year." Read more...
- August 2016: Anne Patterson, CEO of Solavore, published a feature article on NextBillion, a site dedicated to "chronicling new trends in market solutions to poverty that benefit the world’s 4 billion low-income producers and consumers." She discussed the history of the Solavore Sport, recent company events, and where she sees solar cooking offering the greatest benefit. Read more...
- July 2016: Solavore Receives National Certification as a Women's Business Enterprise - WBENC's national standard of certification is a meticulous process including an in-depth review of the business and site inspection. The certification process is designed to confirm the business is at least 51% owned, operated and controlled by a woman or women. Read more...
- April 2016: Solavore Sport reviewed by green energy site, treehugger.
- November 2015: Solavore is conducting a Indiegogo campaign to bring cookers to the poor worldwide.
- September 2015 Solavore was founded by Anne Patterson, and production and distribution of the renamed Solavore Sport solar oven has resummed.
Audio and video
- November 2015:
- November 2015:
- May 2015:
Articles in the media
- August 2016: Cook With The Sun: Solavore Solar Oven Review - gearjunkie.com
- July 2016: Solar Oven Manufacturer, Solavore, LLC Receives National Certification as a Women's Business Enterprise by the Women's Business Enterprise National Council - Power Engineering
- April 2016: Baking a carrot cake on a boat led to buying a company - Star Tribune
- April 2016: Three Solar Ovens that Give You the Power to Cook with the Sun - EcoWatch
- April 2016: Sport solar oven offers zero-carbon cooking in a lightweight package (review) - treehugger
- December 2015: You can help put out a fire with this device. A dirty cooking fire, that is -treehugger
- December 2015: This Indiegogo campaign for a solar oven wants to put out cooking fires worldwide - GeekWire
Tel: +1 651-797-2514