- See Past events.
- Paper: Water Disinfection for Developing Countries and Potential for Solar Thermal Pasteurization - Jay E. Burch and Karen E. Thomas
- India news: Workshop for 120 engineering students in Rajkot, Gujarat, produces 60 solar cookers
- Report: 2013 World Bank Assessment of Solar Cooking in China
- Video: SCI Executive Director, Julie Greene, explains the importance of solar cooking in Emerald Planet interview
- Namibia news: Sustainability project comes to a close in Namibia
- Media article (Refugee camps): Energy access to displaced people - Utilities-me.com
- EVENT: 21 August 2017: (Chicago, USA) . Celebrate the total eclipse of the sun at the Adler Planetarium. All things solar with free outdoor activities including solar cooking demonstrations
- EVENT: 26-27 April 2017: (Sacramento, USA) Green California Summit at the Sacramento Convention Center
- United Kingdom news: Solar cooking demonstration in Cambridge
- Haiti news: Eagle Scout arranges a solar cooker delivery to Haiti
- Media article (USA): Julie Greene is on a sun-fueled mission - Sacramento Business Journal
- Media article (Germany): Energiebilanz von Solarzellen - Energie Weblog (English version)
- Video: Julie Greene, SCI Executive Director, presenting at TEDxSacramento
- Audio: Sea Change Radio interview with Julie Greene
- Video: Las cocinas solares llegaron ayer a la playa de La Antilla - Canalcosta
- Kenya news: Faustine Odaba conducted a workshop about solar and heat-retention cooking cooking in Lordariak, Kajiado County, Kenya located between Nairobi and the Tanzanian border, for 132 participants.
- Page: Nakivale Refugee Settlement
- Video: Aquí la tierra - Un electrodoméstico revolucionario - TVE
- Brazilian promoter: Surian dos Santos
- Retained-heat cooker design: KotoThermosCooker
- Page: United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
- Cooker design: The LIBERTAD 400, a collapsable parabolic solar cooker from France.
- EVENT: 19 November 2016: (Ihiala, Nigeria) Solar Technology Fair at the Mother Paul Offiah Memorial Boy's Secondary School Azia
- Solar dryer design: SimplaSec Plus Solar Dryer
- Report: The Effect of Thickness of Aluminium Films on Optical Reflectance - Robert Lugolole and Sam Kinyera Obwoya
- Video: Caritas Chinh Toa and Solar Serve in Danang helped flood victims in Quang Binh
- Construction plans: Food drying attachment for solar panel cookers
- Uganda news: Makerere Students Assemble 'Made in Uganda' Solar Cooker - allAfrica
- EVENT: 3 November - 4 December 2016: (Aubagne, France) An experimental solar restaurant, "Le Présage" has been opened by chef, Ghislaine Milliet in Aubagne for one month.
- Cooker design: UltraLightCooker Traveller
- Cooker accessory: SunLife has developed a simple scaffold to raise the cook pot and provide a way for carrying
- Report: SunLife releases its Annual Report for 2015.
- Italy news: Forni solari da Murlo a Palermo - (English version)
- Device manual: Sol*Saver Manual
- Cooker design: UltraLightCooker Scout
- Media article (Nepal): Experts stress on providing clean cooking solution for all - myRepública
- Argentina news: Listen to Pierre Herrouët from Solar Inti explain how they his group is working to distribute solar cookers in the rugged Puna region of Argentina. The radio interview (Spanish).
- Video: Como construir una cocina solar de caja (Easy Lid)
- Manufacturer page: Clique Solar designs and installs versions of the ARUN 100 technology throughout India.
- India news: New solar thermal steam cooking system installed in Mahrashtra.
- EVENT: 29 October 2016: (Uruguay) Uruguay Events
- Media article (UK): UK family cuts its bills and carbon emissions - The Oxford Times
- Report: Construct a fresnel lens base from foam and a heated cutting wire - (English version)
- Media article (Spain): La cocina solar y sus beneficios - Huelva Información
- EVENT: Fall 2016: (Online) Dr. Ajay Chandak is organizing free workshops on Whatsapp. The first two are on solar cooking and innovative financing for solar power projects. Information to register...
- Patent: Non-imaging system for radiant energy flux transformation (Patent #US20020139414A1)
- Solar Cookers International news: Julie Greene, SCI Executive Director, was nominated for the Outstanding Women Leaders Award for Vision by the National Association of Women Business Owners, Sacramento Valley. More info...
- Solar Cookers International news: Solar Cookers International proudly joined Peace Boat Int'l to demonstrate solar cooking in New York, NY on 20 October 2016.
- Switzerland news: Solemyo is offering solar cooker workshops at their location in Geneva through the fall and winter
- Manufacturer page: ISOMET has a long history of promoting solar cooking and drying in Burkina Faso.
- Media article (Solari): Solari, la pentola per cucinare a energia solare. L'idea di Bodin Hon, designer giramondo con la passione per l'Italia - (English version) - L'Huffington Post
- Media article (The Gambia): Mental health facility receives donation of solar appliances to help with patient recovery'
- Report: How Solar Connect sustains the solar cooking business - Kawesa Mukasa, Director
- Report: Développement et expérimentation d’un nouveau cuiseur solaire stationnaire - A. Harmim * , M. Merzouk 1, M. Boukar et M. Amar
- EVENT: 15-16 October 2016: (La Paz, Bolivia) Inti Illimani is offering a two-day workshop covering the construction and use of solar cookers in the Sopocachi neighborhood of La Paz. More information at: asociación.email@example.com
- Sudan news: All-metal solar box cooker in production from the Solar Energy Enterprises Company
- EVENT - 10 October 2016 - 22:00 GMT (16:00 Central Time - Chiapas): Nociones basicas de la concentración solar.
- El Salvador news: In 2017, Cocina Solar Booix is planning to collaborate with Grupo El Salvador de Ingeniería Sin Fronteras and distribute 100 of their box cookers to families in El Salvador.
- Parvati Solar Cooker news: Parvarti Solar Cooker available through eBay
- Algeria news: The Renewable Energy Development Center of Algeria has developed the Asymetric CPC box solar cooker.
- Media article (India): HIMURJA provides over 37,000 solar cookers - daijiworld
- Senegal news: Pilot project initiated in Diouloulou, South Senegal with assistance from Solar Cooking KoZon
- Document: Ben Stove workspace - Dieter Seifert
- Media article (India): Solar cookers to be distributed in 16 villages - The Times of India
- Mali news: Solar Cooking KoZon reports sales of box cookers are brisk at the Togo Tilé retail store in Mali.
- Report: Solar Cooking KoZon Annual Report for 2015
- EVENT - 31 October - 8 November 2016: (Online) The Mother Earth News Homesteading Summit will be available online
- India news: Solar cookers to be distributed in sixteen villages of the Agra region
- Media article (Netherlands): This Man Cooks His Lunch on a Satellite Dish - Munchies
- Zambia news: UK lecturer donates sixteen parabolic solar cookers to various communities in Zambia
- Bulgaria news: Local celebration in Kocherinovo incudes solar cooking display by HoSa Solar
- Media article (Nigeria): American University of Nigeria students build solar ovens - Vanguard
- Video: Barbara Kerr and Sherry Cole at their Sustainable Living Center in Taylor Arizona in 1997
- Netherlands news: In July 2016 Solar Cooking KoZon was given the opportunity to present themselves at a meeting in the Ministry of Economic Affairs (EZ) in The Hague, Netherlands. Read more...
- Uganda news: Outreach demonstrations in Uganda by Solar Cooking The Netherlands - KoZon in partnership with the Solar Connect Association.
- Mali news: Mali women receive access to solar cooking provided by Solar Cooking The Netherlands - KoZon
- EVENT - Friday, 11 November 2016: (Faro, Portugal) Prof. Celestino Ruivo has organized a solar cooking meeting. More details are available by contacting Celestino at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Research paper: Contribution à l’amélioration des performances d’un cuiseur solaire boîte - Arezki Harmim, M. Belhamel, M. Boukar et M. Amar
- Research paper: Réalisation et expérimentation d’un cuiseur solaire boîte à surface réceptrice inclinée muni d’un réflecteur plan - F. Yettou, B. Azoui, A. Malek, A. Gama, M.A. Rouissa et O. Benzeggouta
- Research paper: Study and simulation of concentrating irradiance in box solar cooker with tracking reflectors - F. Yettou, B. Azoui, A. Malek, and A. Gama
- Lesotho news: The Bethel Business and Community Development Centre has won the 2016 Energy Global Award for Lesotho.
- Video: Segment on German TV shows a small group of poor Africans chopping down a large tree to make a bit of money with charcoal production - ARD
- Lesson plans: Solar cooking lesson plans for grades 1-6 - Alison Davis
- USA news: The PPG Foundation has provided financial support for a solar oven engineering/science project for second-grade students in Texico, Illinois, USA.
- United Kingdom news: SLiCK – Solar Cooking at the UK Green Gathering 2016
- Document: Holzkohle in Afrika und ARTIS-Institutes - Dieter Seifert
- Project evaluation: Solar Cooking Compendium: Challenges and Achievements of the Solar Cooker Field Test in South Africa (2004) - GIZ
- Video: Watch the Sun Ovens International webinar replay: How sunlight saves you money while being prepared
- Italy news: Sentinelle dell'Energia held a public presentation about the opportunities to promote and diffuse the utilisation of solar ovens in refugee camps and in India.
- EVENT - Tuesday, 13 September 2016: From 11:00am - 12:20pm EDT (8:00am - 9:30am PDT) the Winrock International and the U.S. EPA will present the webinar: Using Stove Emissions Data to Estimate Air Quality More information...
- Kenya news: Renewed solar cooking workshops at Kenyan refugee camps as participants prepare for camp closings.
- EVENT - Friday, 16 September 2016: (Dodgeville, Wisconsin, USA) Joel Goodman will be presenting his Renewable Energy Microgrid Project Ideas at the Dodgeville library at 2 pm. Preview images...
- Media article (Malawi): Poverty, Drought and Felled Trees Imperil Malawi Water Supply - New York Times
- Audio interview: Deepak Gadhia tells the story his solar cooking research and promotion (Starts in German, but after one minute switches to English)
- Report: Health and Climate-Relevant Pollutant Concentrations from a Carbon-Finance Approved Cookstove Intervention in Rural India - Ther W. Aung, et al
- Haiti news: Solar Oven Partners seeks new director
- Media article, Dominican Republic: Solar Oven Use in the Dominican Republic Pulitzer Center
- World Health Organization news: Report from February 2016; Household air pollution and health
- Water safety device: Potavida is company that has developed a SODIS device with a built-in UV indicator to tell when water is safe to drink.
- Zambia news: Sol Suffit representatives, Clement Musonda and his wife, provided a solar cooking demonstration in a village in Zambia.
- Cooker review: Cook With The Sun: Solavore Solar Oven Review - gearjunkie.com
- Media article, Bolivia, USA : Bolivians' kitchens become a passion for San Clemente teen - The Orange County Register
- Kazakhstan news: New green technology center opens in Karaganda, Kazakhstan.
- Solar cooking volunteer needed (Washington D.C., USA) - Solar Household Energy is seeking a volunteer to represent SHE and demonstrate solar cooking at farmer's markets and other community events in the Washington D.C. area. The time commitment will be Saturdays from 8:30am - 1:30pm. More information...
- EVENT: Sunday, 14 August 2016: (Sacramento, California, USA) - The Sacramento Vegetarian Society with hold their monthly gathering at California Guild Hall, 3830 U Street, at 5:30pm. Ilsa Hess, SVS board member and volunteer from Solar Cookers International, will demonstrate the different ways to cook with the sun. More information...
- Testing news: Dr. Alan Bigelow will be presenting a plan to develop a solar cooker testing certification program at the 6th SCI World Conference 2017 in Gujarat, India this coming January.
- Greece news: A new group, Project Daedalus - Local Technical Group, has formed in Athens to help local refugees. Assembling and using solar panel cookers is part of their approach. More information...
- Design drawings: MUMA Solar Cooker
- Recipe book: 2016 Mojave Desert AQMD & MEEC Solar Cook-Off Recipes
- Wiki article: Low-tech reflective material
- Report: Solar Cooking in the UK - Stewart Maclachlan
- Report: Evaluation of Energy-Saving Options for Refugees (1998) - UNHCR-Geneva
- Report: The Experience of UNHCR and its Partners with Solar Cookers in Refugee Camps (1996) - UNHCR-Geneva
- Report: Solar Cookers International Mid-Year Report for 2016
- CooKit variation: European Solar Panel Cooker
- Solar cooker: Conet Solar Oven
- Media article, Canada: Where the Road Begins: Solar cookers reduce carbon footprint - Powell River PEAK
- Report: Gujarat Solar Power Policy - 2015 - Government of Gujarat
- Video: Large version of the Copenhagen Solar Cooker
- Article in the media: Solar Oven Manufacturer, Solavore, LLC Receives National Certification as a Women's Business Enterprise by the Women's Business Enterprise National Council - Power Engineering
- USA, Nicaragua news: The S.T.E.V.E.N. Foundation has decided to take a hiatus, and step back from undertaking new projects. They will continue their support of Cornell University students who partner with the women of Las Mujeres Solares de Totogalpa in Nicaragua. Read more in the S.T.E.V.E.N Foundation Annual Report 2015
- Report: Evaluation of Usage and Fuel Savings of Solar Ovens in Nicaragua - Gordon Bauer
- Report: Empowering Young Rural and Tribal Women with Solar Cookers - Janak McGilligan
- Report: The Lazola — A New Box-Cooker of High Professionalism
- Report: Characteristics of Solar Cooking Households in the United States - Natalia Blackburn
- Report: Durable High Power Panel Type Solar Cooker and Its Effectiveness Study in Ethiopia - Yuichi Nakajo
- USA news: Solar cooker manufacturer receives national certification as a women's business enterprise
- Presentation: Solar cooking and charcoal production in East Africa - Bernhard Müller
- EVENT: July 23 - August 6, 2016: (Dexter, OR, USA) People will be gathering at the Lost Valley Educational Center and eco-village, situated on eighty seven acres of mostly forested land located at 81868 Lost Valley Ln, Dexter, OR 97431, for solar cooking and camping. More information...
- Video: Τρέχουμε με 200! - Ηλιακός Φούρνος (Greenwave 2015)
- Video: SCInet Solar Cooking Festival 2014
- Article in the media: Environmentalists Deeply Concerned With Firewood Consumption in Refugee Camps - allAfrica
- EVENT: July 27, 2016: (Faro) EcoSol Meeting - Surprise moment with Padre Himalaya and a solar lunch will take place at the Instituto Superior de Engenharia - Universidade do Algarve, Campus da Penha, Faro-Portugal. Meeting language will be Portuguese, but this will be not a big barrier if you are interested in this solar cooking activity. More information...
- EVENT: October 14-16, 2016: (Ouarzazate) Morocco Solar Festival
- EVENT: Sunday, July 24, 2016: (Lincoln City, Oregon, USA) The Sustainable Living Center in Lincoln City is developing a series of free workshops to address how to cook after the 'Big One'. The first takes place from 1 pm - 4 pm. All are invited to participate in this free, hands-on solar demonstration workshop. More information...
- India news: NGO organizes solar cooker workshop for students - Times of India
- EVENT: Saturday, July 23, 2016: (Shoreline, Washington, USA) The NW SolarFest 2016 will take place from 10am - 5pm at Shoreline Community College, located at 16101 Greenwood Ave N. This event has included solar cooking demonstrations and displays in the past.
- Article in the media: Local retired professor looks to improve solar cooking - 22News - WWLP.com
- Report: China: Accelerating Household Access to Clean Cooking and Heating - World Bank
- Document: Faro Declaration of Intent (Spanish)
- Article in the media: Fun in the Sun: The 2015 Solar Cooking Festival - Energy Vanguard
- United Arab Emirates news: A new solar concentrator power plant was recently approved for construction in Dubai and is set to be the largest in the world. The plant will reportedly generate 1,000 megawatts of power by 2020 and 5,000 megawatts by 2030. Read more...
- Article in the media: Africa’s Charcoal Economy Is Cooking. The Trees Are Paying - New York Times
- Report: Optimization of Focal Length for a parabolic Solar Cooker Design - Hartmut Ehmler
- Article in the media: Senza gasolio né legna, con il solar cooker si cucina con la luce del sole - Lifegate
- Video: Cooking with stored solar heat in a "Sun Bucket"
- Handbook: Peace Corps Improved Cookstoves Manual (2013)
- Video: A Walk On The Brightside: Solar Cookers For Africa
- EVENT: July 16 2016: (Kofu) The 2nd All Japan Solar Cookers Convention. For more information, contact the Japan Solar Cooking Association.
- Article in the media: SunFire fights energy poverty in Africa with parabolic solar kits - inhabitat
- EVENT: March 23-25, 2017: (Lahore, Pakistan) Solar Pakistan 2017 will be taking place at the Lahore Expo Centre. "The main focus of this exhibition is to highlight the importance of the most practical and readily available non-conventional renewable resource i.e. Solar Energy." More information...
- Video: Fireless cookers complement solar cookers
- Article in the media: Un four solaire innovant assemblé par l’ESAT de Braconnac - APJH dan le Tarn (English version)
- Haiti news: El Fuego del Sol wins the 2015 Energy Globe Award for Haiti
- Tracking device: Simple solar tracker on Instructibles.com
- Reflective material option: New "Cool Roofing" material
- EVENT: August 4-7, 2016: (Chepstow, United Kingdom) Visit the UK Green Gathering, which will be run exclusively on wind and solar, and take part in the '2016 All World Fireless Cooker Beauty Contest' promoted by SLiCK solar cookers. More information...
- Report: The Lancet Neurology: For the first time, air pollution emerges as a leading risk factor for stroke worldwide - The Lancet
- Report: Traditional Charcoal in Africa and Need of African Institutes (ARTIS) - Dieter Seifert
- Wiki page: Developmental Association for Renewable Energies
- Wiki page: Solar charcoal
- Wiki page: Baking in a parabolic solar cooker
- Wiki page: HoSa Solar
- Bulgaria news: It is now possible to rent a solar cooker in Bulgaria and have the rental amount apply toward the purchase price if desired: http://hosasolar.bg (English version)
- Article in the media: From cookstoves to forests, UN puts eye on mending global environment - Christian Science Monitor
- Article in the Media: India: Government Presents 102 Awards for Solar Process Heat and Solar Cooking - Global Solar Thermal Energy Council
- Ecuador News: Prof. Rodrigo Carpio reports that Fundación Inti Uma Ecuador continues to organize solar cooking workshops for community groups, schools, and universities. More information...
- EVENT: July 16, 2016: (Sacramento, USA) EnergyTeachers.org is offering a solar cooking workshop at the summer conference of the American Association of Physics Teachers, in Sacramento. EnergyTeachers.org is offering to reimburse, for needy teachers, the $85 workshop fee, but there is also the conference registration fee, which starts at $85 for attending only workshops, and goes to higher amounts for the five-day conference. For more information contact email@example.com or see workshop details and registration.
- Presentations: 1) The Solar Food Dehydrator; 2) The Solar Box Oven; 3) The Solar Dryer in Wings for Buko Shells
- Report: ADES Gold Standard voluntary carbon credit project (2006)
- Handbook: How to Use Integrated Sustainable Solar CooKing - Solar Cooking The Netherlands - KoZon
- Handbook: Trainers' Manual: How to Use Integrated Sustainable Solar CooKing - Solar Cooking The Netherlands - KoZon
- Handbook: Instruction booklet for end users (images without text) - Solar Cooking The Netherlands - KoZon
- External link: Información detallada en español acerca de los hornillos Ben 2 y Ben 3
- Resource: Two new sets of solar cooking pots available on Amazon.com
- Article in the media: South African Company Designs Unique Solar Cooker - VOA
- Video: A group in Mauritania shows how an invasive plant can be used to make charcoal briquettes
- Cooker design: High Back Solar Cooker
- Document: All Season Solar Cooker 2.0 frequently-asked questions
- EVENT: June 21-22, 2016: (New York City, USA) The 13th Annual Renewable Energy Finance Forum-Wall Street will take place at the Grand Hyatt Hotel. Organizers state that the event draws an especially senior audience, comprising of over 600 decision makers, lenders, investors, investment bankers, private equity investors, venture capitalists, and other top transactional professionals in renewable energy finance. More information...
- EVENT: June 15-17, 2016: (Madrid, Spain) GENERA 2016, the annual Energy and Environment International Trade Fair, will be held at IFEMA - Feria de Madrid. Hall 5. The range of sustainable energy topics will include solar thermal. More information...
- EVENT: June 14-16, 2016: (Brussels, Belgium) Sustainable Energy Week has been organized by the European Commission to debate new policy developments, best practices and sustainable energy ideas, while networking events to forge alliances. More information...
- Kenya news: Camily Wedende recently presented the benefits of solar cooking to fellow members of Rotary Club of Eldoret, Kenya. Camily is the group leader of the Eldoret Student Projects program.
- EVENT: Monday, June 20, 2016: (Worldwide) Join the global community of supporters dedicated to making an impact with solar cooking. Gather your friends wherever you are and join in via Facebook, Twitter, email or YouTube with #CelebrateSolstice on June 20. - See more at: Celebrate Solstice - SCI
- Facebook link: Inti Illimani
- External link: The Fireless Cookbook - Margaret Johnes Mitchell (Kindle version available for $0.99 USD)
- External link: The All Season Solar Cooker 2.0 is now available on Amazon
- Cooker design: Solari
- Article in the media: Band-e-Amir: Afghanistan’s Hidden Wonderland - UNDP
- Report: Solar Thermal Technologies in Pakistan - Practical Action
- Article in the media: How Solar + Storage Can Be Cheaper Than Coal - Clean Technica
- Afghanistan news: The Wildlife Conservation Society, in partnership with the United Nations Development Programme, delivered solar cookers and fuel-efficient stoves to residents of the Band-e-Amir National Park in order to reduce fuelwood consumption. Read more...
- Article in the media: This Solar-Powered Cooker Is Actually Saving People’s Lives - Huffington Post Tech UK
- Interview: Jo Hasler und der LAZOLA-Solarkocher - SunPod
- Article in the media: Kenya’s Young Inventors Shake Up Old Technology - Inter Press Service
- Algerian NGO: Renewable Energy Development Center (CDER)
- Report: Comparative assessment of two different designs of box solar cookers under algerian sahara conditions - F. Yettou, et al
- Solar cooking recipe site: Sunshine on my Shoulder - Merry Bevill
- Wiki page: Centre de Développement DISADISA/ASBL
- DRC news: Centre de Developpement Disadisa ONGD/ASBL- May 2016
- Article in the media: Ministry selected Aryans Chandigarh for developing as Green Campus - Punjab News Express
- Article in the media: WHO: Global air pollution is worsening, and poor countries are being hit the hardest - The Washington Post
- Updated construction plans: Ben 2 and Ben 3 Firewood Stoves
- South African vendor: So Solar
- Stove design: Hobo Stove Gasifier
- Demonstration video: TIDES Demo 2012- Day One narrated by Patricia McArdle
- Article in the media: India air pollution kills half a million per year, costs hundreds of billions – study - RT
- Sierra Leone news: Solar Cookers International is seeking community solar cooking trainers and local manufacturing partners in Sierra Leone (near Newton and Freetown) to explore a potential project. If interested, contact firstname.lastname@example.org with information about your experience and qualifications.
- Cooker design: MUMA Solar Cooker
- India news: It was acknowledged at CONSOLFOOD 2016 that Tapi Food Products began their solar food processing in 2007 with a Scheffler solar parabolic to steam system, becoming India's first solar food processing facility. Case Study of Food Processing Factory Using Solar Concentrators - Ghanshyam Lukhi, Tapi Foods, India
- Article in the media: Making xacuti while the sun shines - Times of India
- Article in the media: From cookstoves to beefsteak, José Andrés wants to revolutionize the world of food - Fusion
- Wiki page: Solar and thermal calculations
- Sudan news: Industrial Development of Solar Cookers in Sudan
- Article in the media: GEDA’s solar cooker initiative wins laurels - Times of India
- Article in the media: South African Company Designs Unique Solar Cooker - Voice of America
- EVENT: : Sunday, June 12, 2016: (Limassol sea wall open theater, Cyprus) The Diamond Solar Cooking Show
- Video: Piyush Goyal, Minister of State with Independent Charge for Power, Coal and New & Renewable Energy, presents on solar energy use in India.
- Sudan news: Solar Cooking on Earth Day
- Document: Illustrated instructions for building the tripod stand for the Ben 2 and Ben 3 Firewood Stoves without welding (también en español)
- Kenya news - Camily Wedende, group leader of Eldoret Student Projects in Elodoret, Kenya and member of Rotary Club of Eldoret, leads a Train-the-Trainers Workshop for the Rotary Club of Gulu, Uganda. The Uganda Rotary Club is preparing to distribute 500 Haines Solar Cookers in Northern Uganda and is learning more about solar cooking from Camily's years of experience building, teaching and cooking with solar.
- Cooker design: Sun Cork
- Article in the media: Rural school promotes solar energy - The Namibian
- Document: Faro Declaration of Intent 2016
- Newsletter: Kathy Dahl-Bredine's March-April 2016 newsletter. (Mexico)
- Article in the media: Back to the future: A solar oven project (food waste recycling) - The Tiger
- Article in the media: Baking a carrot cake on a boat led to buying a company - Star Tribune
- Article in the media: Churchville-Chili solar cooker team wins ASU Tech Challenge - Gates-Chili Post
- Document: Devices for temperature measurement in the HotPot Solar Cooker - Solar Household Energy
- Video: One Earth Designs vil revolusjonere energibranshen (Norway)
- Article in the media: Griller pølser og lader opp mobilen ved hjelp av sola - Adressa.no
- EVENT: : Sunday, April 24, 2016: (Fond du Lac, Wisconsin, USA) In celebration of Earth Week, the Sisters of St. Agnes invite the public to an open house from 1 to 4 pm. to learn about solar energy. There will be displays on renewable energy, sustainable living, and the creation of a solar oven. St. Agnes Convent is located at 320 Fond du Lac County K, Fond du Lac. More information...
- EVENT: : Thursday, April 21, 2016: (Sierra Vista, Arizona, USA) The Sierra Vista Farmers Market’s annual Earth Day Celebration will be held during regular market hours from 10am to 2pm. at Veterans’ Memorial Park. The event will include solar cooking demonstrations. More information...
- Article in the media: McGilligan demonstrates power of solar cooking - The Free Press Journal
- EVENT: : Saturday, April 30, 2016: (Tucson, Arizona, USA) Citizens for Solar will be holding its Annual Solar Potluck at Catalina State Park from 10am until sunset. More information...
- Document: Remarks on Stove Technologies - Dieter Seifert
- Document: Information on the ISO-TC-285 Cookstoves Standards
- Page: Solar Wok
- Article: Poor people don't need your charity – they need you to listen - World Economic Forum
- EVENT: : Saturday, April 16, 2016: (Thousand Oaks, California, USA) Arbor/Earth Day Celebration - Solar cookers will be demonstrated. More information...
- Article in the media: Roorkee IIT uses solar energy for steam cooking - The Tribune
- Design: EuroSolarCooker Star
- Audio interview: Crosby Menzies, director of SunFire Solutions, interview on the SunPod podcast. The discussion includes how Crosby got started with solar cooking and his new project, Solar Caravans. Recorded at CONSOLFOOD 2016. Listen on podcast page...
- Magazine issue: Energy in Emergency Situations - Boiling Point
- EVENT: Saturday, June 11, 2016: (Cordova, California, USA) Solar cooking allows you to cook your food while saving time, energy and money—plus it's fun! Gain an understanding of how solar cooking works and the pros and cons of a number of different types of cookers. We will discuss how and when to use your solar cooker and provide recipes that lead to successful meals. Try solar-cooked foods and learn about how solar cookers are helping change lives in many parts of the world. Price: $40. More information...
- Video: What can you cook in a Solavore Sport solar oven? You will be amazed by the possibilities!
- Article in the media: These Clark entrepreneurs have some big ideas (Sun Top Solar Cookers)- Clark University
- Video: Demonstration of the CooKit solar panel cooker
- Article in the media: Three Solar Ovens that Give You the Power to Cook with the Sun - EcoWatch
- Kenya News: Local woman from Kingston provides school lunches and solar cookers to nearby Kamin Oningo. Read more...
- Video: SCI Solar Cooking Festival 2014
- Interview: Michael Bonke interviews Pedro Serrano about the solar restaurant, Villaseca, in Chile, with also his reflections on CONSOLFOOD 2016. - SunPod (The nineteen minute interview begins in German for the first few minutes and then switches to English.)
- Philippines news: USAID has begun to provide solar rice dryers to rice farmers in the Philippines as part of the recovery from the typhoon in December 2015.
- Language: Added Pashto translation to the entire site
- Manual: How to Use a Parabolic Solar Cooker (Dari and English) - Grace Magney
- Video: Manual de construcción de cocina solar parabólica de Cartón (Spanish and English)
- Article in the media: When summer arrives, go solar - The Navhind Times
- Conference papers: All of the presentations and posters have uploaded to: CONSOLFOOD 2016
- Article in the media: New solar cooker design could have big implications - thedailyobserver.ca
- Full text of book: Solar Cookers in the Third World - GIZ (1990)
- Guinea News: Diallo Abdoulaye Sadio reports that the Association Des Volontaires Guineens Pour l' Environnement has been promoting solar thermal cooking for twenty-two years in Guinea and other other areas of West Africa. He feels by training young people with sustainable employment opportunities is helping to fight against the appeal of terrorist organizations. He is hoping to attract the attention of an NGO willing to help with their efforts.
- Wiki article: Bernhard Müller has written an excellent explanation of how fuel-effcient gasifier stoves work and are constructed. See: Gasifiers
- Senegal News: Senegal receives an integrated cooking facility with help from Sun and Ice. Stephan Zech reports that the company has sponsored a facility in Senegal that is promoting solar cooking, heat retention cooking, and fuel-efficeint stove use. More information...
- Audio: SCI executive director Julie Greene is interviewed on the Sunpod podcast
- Document: A Strategy to Eliminate Water-borne Disease in Lower Nyakach Kenya - Robert Metcalf and Dinah Chienjo
- Document: Nutritive Value of Foods Cooked in Solar Box Cooker - Rajammal P. Devadas
- Video: GoSun Solar Stove Gets Cooking
- Newsletter: SMUD Energy Education News, Spring 2016
- Document: An Investigation of Skirts - Dale Andreatta and Alex Wohlgemuth
- India News: BENGALURU: The Union Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) has invited applications and proposals from educational institutions to convert to green campuses...Solar cooking systems must be utilised for hostels/hospitals etc. All houses, hostels and kitchens must have solar water heaters. Read more...
- Handbook: A Practical Method for Rapid Assessment of the Bacterial Quality of Water - United Nations Human Settlements Programme
- Document: Cooking in a semi-rural area in Sudan, A case study in al-Sororab - Muna Rizig and Ben Croxford
- Audio: Janak McGilligan is interviewed on the Sunpod podcast
- Video: Solar Cookers Eco-learning Board: Mikasa Childrens Garden - Japan
- Conference RFP: Solar Cookers International is organizing the next solar cooking conference to take place at the Muni Seva Ashram in Goraj, Vadodara, Gujarat, India 16-22 January, 2017 (tentative). Topics to be addressed include: solar cooking, solar food processing, energy policy, and solar thermal industrial applications. Conference participants may submit an abstract and/or nominate a conference theme or speaker. Travel funding applicants must submit a Travel Funding Application accompanied by an abstract to email@example.com before April 29, 2016. More information...
- Document: Portable Stored Solar Thermal Energy for Household Use - University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and Sun Buckets, Inc.
- Newsletter: Kathy and Phil Bredine's January-February 2016 Newsletter
- Document: Extension of Shelf Life of Fruits and Vegetables by Solar Thermal Drying with High Solar Fraction in Temperate Climates]] - Sonnenobst
- Document: GIZ ten conditions for successful solar cooking adoption - Dorthea Otremba (GIZ)
- Annual Report: Bethel Business and Community Development Center Annual Report for 2015
- Construction plans: T-188 Parabolic Trough Baking Device
- Document: Handbook on Solar Drying - Planters Energy Network
- Event: April 14-16, 2016: (Piracicaba-SP, Brazil) There will be a free sustainability event at the Marquis House covering municipal and corporate sustainability, social technologies, and sustainable buildings. More information...
- Book: Energy Savers that Work
- Article in the media: Solar ovens help fuel future - The Whig
- Document: Solar Oven Partners February 2016 newsletter
- Conference presentation: Solar cooking in south Brazil: dissemination and barriers - Elmo Dutra
- Article in the media: Bringing the heat - Lethbridge Herald
- Document: Liking Energy Company Catalog 2016
- Article in the media: A culinary date with the sun on Sankranti - Indian Voice
- Event: February 22, 24 2016 (Online): Advancing Cookstove Research and Design: As part of the U.S. Government support for the Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves, the U.S. Department of Energy (U.S. DOE) awarded $10 million in grants for research aimed at addressing technical barriers to the development of low emission, high efficiency cookstoves through activities in areas such as combustion, heat transfer and materials development. Join the free webinar for a two-part series on Monday, February 22 and Wednesday, February 24 at 10:00am EST (14:00 – 15:30 Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)),for an update on the U.S. DOE projects. There is no charge for the webinar but registration is required. Register Part One, 2/22 Register Part Two, 2/24 More information at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Article in the media: Solarama : la start-up qui veut convertir le Maroc aux cuiseurs solaires - L'usine Nouvelle
- Video: Wolfgang Scheffler erläutert auf der Konferenz "Solarenergie für Afrika 2010" in Düsseldorf die Funktionsweise des von ihm erfundenen solaren "Scheffler-Spiegels".
- Annual Report: Solar Cookers International releases its Annual Report for 2015
- Article in the media: Thermos Nissan Thermal Cooker - The Boat Galley
- Video: Teong Tan CooKit variation
- Document: Spreadsheet showing efficiency comparisons of the Ben 2 and Ben 3 Firewood Stoves against other stoves (See also: Ben 2 and Ben 3 Firewood Stoves)
- Event: Sunday, February 17, 2016 (Kalwa, Thane, India): Enviro Vigil (Paryavaran Dakshata Manch) will conduct a one day cooking workshop with solar cookers. 10:30am-12:30pm at Ankur Theme park, TMC's Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Hospital campus. Participants will have the opportunity for hands-on training with several types of solar cookers. More information...
- Request for proposals: The Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves (GACC) is accepting proposals for the design and implementation of behavior change communication (BCC) interventions to accelerate market growth and drive adoption of clean and efficient cookstoves and fuels in households. All Alliance partners are eligible to apply, however implementation is limited to the following Alliance focus countries: Bangladesh, Ghana, Guatemala, Kenya, Nigeria, and Uganda. Deadlines: February 16, 2016 (Letters of Intent), March 15, 2016 (Final Applications) Request for Proposals – Clean Cooking Behavior Change Communication Fund
- New manufacturer: Togo Tilé (Mali)
- Newsletter: Solar Cooking the Netherlands - KoZon (December 2015)
- Event: April 7-9, 2016: (Nairobi, Kenya) The SME Expo 2016 will take place at the Kenyatta International Conference Centre (KICC). Companies looking to do business in Africa will have the opportunity to be front and center with pre-screened African buyers, sales representatives, and potential business partners. More information and registration information...
- Video: The Palestinian man who cooks with the sun
- New NGO: Baja Arizona
- Article in the media: Particular about particulates - The Economist
- Video: How to create and update your own wiki page
- Article in the media: Cocinas solares, clubs de lectura y una Escuela de Bienestar - ÚltimoCero (English version)
- New NGO: Imani Women's Group
- Article in the media: Solar oven building workshop for women - The Times of India
- Video: Sunited Présentation en 3mn COP21 Paris décembre 2015
- Solar cooker design: EB800D Solar Cooker
- Event: April 16-17, 2016: (New Haven, Connecticut, USA) The Global Health Innovation Conference will be taking place at Yale University. Billed as the world's leading and largest health conference, it is a crossroads for health care issues and social entrepreneurship. Solar cooking is becoming increasingly recognized as part of the solution for respiratory diseases, aside from the environmental benefits. This is another venue where that voice can be heard. More information...
- Solar cooker design: EB Suncooker
- Solar cooker design: Hypar Solar Cooker
- Article in the media: 10 Of The Coolest Gadgets We Saw At CES 2016 - TechCrunch
- Article in the media: The GoSun Stove Cooks With Just The Power Of The Sun - TechCrunch
- Article in the media: Solar Power And Solvatten Saving Lives - Energy Matters
- Article in the media: Pupils set for science final after innovative creation - Ulster Herald
- Handbook: NaDEET's manual showing how to build all sorts of energy-saving devices including a solar cooker and a fuel-efficient woodstove (English and Afrikaans) - Namib Desert Environmental Education Trust
- Article in the media: A new way to store solar heat - MIT News
- Video: GoSun Solar Stove Gets Cooking - TechCrunch
- Article in the media: The hottest trends and gadgets at this year's CES - CNBC
- Article in the media: Solar cookers on their way - Gulf Islands Driftwood
- Manufacturer: Liking Energy Co., Ltd
- Manufacturer: Solar Oven Reflectors
- Solar cooker design: Sun Dome Solar Oven and Cooker
- Solar cooker design: Shady Spot Solar Cooker
- Main article: Solar cooking news archive 2006-2008
- Main article: Solar cooking news archive 1995-2005