Deutsch, Español, Ελληνικά, Français, Hausa, Igbo, Indonesian, Italiano, Kiswahili, Kreyòl, Malagasy, Melayu, Português, Русский, Soomaaliga, Tagalog, Việt, Türkçe, Yorùbá, தமிழ், नेपाली, 中文, اردو, 한국어, 日本語, العربية, فارسی, עִברִית, हिन्दी, ไทย, বাংলা, తెలుగు, ગુજરાતી, ລາວ, ਪੰਜਾਬੀ, සිංහල, پښتو
See also: Current news
- Page: Data collection
- Page: CONSOLFOOD 2018
- Video: SCI Vice President, Monica Woods, discusses the SCI mission.
- EVENT: 10-13 October 2017: (San Francisco, Calfornia, USA) SOCAP17 will unite innovators in business, tech, the sharing economy, health, philanthropy, and more to advance environmental and social causes.
- Thailand news: Vendor grills delicious chicken with solar heat from the Thai sun for over two decades - Coconuts Bangkok
- India news: Steam-based cooking system coming up at KGMU - The Times of India
- Employment opportunity: Solar Cookers International is seeking an Administration Assistant. Deadline to apply: 26 April 2017.
- Employment opportunity: Solar Cookers International is seeking a Public Relations Officer. Position Open until filled.
- Haiti news: Your urgent help needed: Contribute to advocacy for solar cooking in Haiti
- USA news: Solar Cookers International closes its online store
- India news: Haryana government exempts solar devices from Value Added Tax levy - The Economic Times
- Solar cooking promotion: SCI has proposed data collection guidelines for successful solar cooking projects
- Kenyan NGO: Tonembee Association
- India news: Ayurvedic pain reliever made in solar cooker at Jimmy McGilligan Centre - The Free Press Journal
- EVENT: 28 October 2017: (Tucson, Arizona, USA) A free solar cooker demonstration and construction workshop will take place at the Wheeler Taft Abbett Sr. Public Library
- Employment opportunity: Solar Cookers International (SCI) is seeking a Communications Manager
- India news: Indore : Jimmy memorial week begins with solar food festival - The Free Press Journal
- Graphic: Comparison of fuelwood consumption in a Ben 3 Firewood Stove vs. a three-stone fire
- Page: Environmental benefits of solar cooking
- Kenya news: Kenya learns to cook with solar power – even when the sun doesn’t shine - Reuters
- Video request: Help celebrate SCI's 30th anniversary and show the world how you solar cook. Send a short video.
- Employment opportunity: Solar Cookers International is looking for an experienced researcher and writer to investigate data about successful, scaled solar cooking projects that can be replicated.
- Design: Greenhouse Solar Cooker
- Vietnam news: Solar Serve News #51
- EVENT: Thursday, April 27th, 2017: (8-9am PST, 3-4pm GMT): Solar Cookers International will host the "Sector Updates: Share Your News" webinar
- Video: Gap Sap with Padma Shri Janak Palta McGilligan Social Worker S02E02 Hindi
- Page: Water&Solar100, a parabolic solar cooker with electronic tracking capabilities
- Classroom resource: Rubric for Characteristics of Effective Solar Cooking Lessons - Mary Buchenic
- Video: Gap Sap With Deepak Gadhia Social and Solar Entrepreneur
- EVENT: 22-24 January 2018: (Faro, Portugal) CONSOLFOOD 2018 is scheduled to take place at the Instituto Superior de Engenharia, Universidade do Algarve, Campus da Penha.
- Video: Homemade Solar Water Filter - MAD Science Hacks
- USA news: The American Solar Energy Society (ASES) has become an Organization Associate of the Solar Cookers International Association
- Philippines news: MKP 2016: Supporting Sustainable Ecotourism Development Initiative - Global Indonesian Voices
- New vendor: Solar Solutions Central sells the Water Pasteurization Indicator
- Mexico event: Workshop de Cocinas Solares
- Document: Curriculum for a 10th grade physics education course based on project-oriented teaching via solar cookers - Hezi Yizhaq, Daniel Feuermann
- Ethiopia news: Ethiopia: Improving Citizens' Life Style - The Ethiopian Herald
- Lebanon news: Refugee crisis strains Lebanon’s deficient electricity network
- Video: Children's reaction after solar cooking for the first time at record-setting India festival - Vivek Kabra
- Report: Gender-Based Violence in Humanitarian Settings: Cookstoves and Fuels - Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves
- Refugee camp news: Several important commitments grew from the 6th SCI World Conference 2017 regarding camps for refugees
- India news: Solar Cooking Challenge at the Uttarakhand Renewable Development Agency
- India news: Budget 2017: Experts urge for greater subsidy on purchase of solar products - Daily News & Analysis
- Bolivia news: International Women's Day: Gender Justice is on the march in the Amazon - Ecologist
- India news: This IIT-Bombay graduate has helped 119,500 children cook using solar energy, and he isn’t done yet - Your Story
- EVENT: 22-23 April 2017 (New Haven, Connecticut, USA) The GHIC 2017: Global Health & Innovation Conference will take place at Yale University
- Page: Infinity Bakery, a low cost, small commercial scale solar cooker
- Ethiopia news: Training on the production of solar cookers and PV panels closes - Addis Ababa University
- Page: Heliac Solar Cooker, a prototype fresnel lens design
Scroll to the top of this page for the 2017 news archive.
- Main article: Solar cooking news archive 2006-2008
- Main article: Solar cooking news archive 1995-2005
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.