Deutsch, Español, Ελληνικά, Français, Hausa, Igbo, Indonesian, Italiano, Kiswahili, Kreyòl, Malagasy, Melayu, Português, Русский, Soomaaliga, Tagalog, Việt, Türkçe, Yorùbá, தமிழ், नेपाली, 中文, اردو, 한국어, 日本語, العربية, فارسی, עִברִית, हिन्दी, ไทย, বাংলা, తెలుగు, ગુજરાતી, ລາວ, ਪੰਜਾਬੀ, සිංහල, پښتو
See also: Current news
- Burundi news: Solar bakery employs eight people and produces 500 loaves a day.
- EVENT (Webinar): 19 July 2017, 11am-12:30pm EDT, 15:00-16:30 GMT: Winrock/US EPA Stove Use Monitoring Studies in Guatemala, Vietnam, and Malawi
- Mexico NGO: Red Mujeres en Energía Renovable y Eficiencia Energética
- EVENT: July, August, and October Webinars
- Tanzania news: Solar Energy Powers Clean Water, Business Opportunities For Refugees In Tanzania - NDTV
- Video: Horno Solar Suntaste Funcionamiento y Características (with English subtitles)
- Refugee camp news: Solar energy powers clean water, business opportunities for refugees - CNBC Africa
- Uganda news: Edward Sembajjwe of Disabled Technicians Uganda Limited built and demonstrated the Heliac Solar Cooker at the World Environment Day celebration in Ibanda.
- India news: Dr. Janak McGilligan helps arrange the distribution of solar cookers to disadvantaged women with subsidy from Solar Cookers International donors.
- Project evaluation: Cord refugee camp solar cooker project final evaluation
- EVENT: 11 September 2017: (São Paulo, Brazil) The 1st Ibero-American Meeting of Solar Energy Applied to Food Processing (EnSolAPA)
- EVENT: 12-15 September 2017: (São Paulo, Brazil) The CONGRESS CIAR-CONBRAVA 2017 convenes.
- South Africa news: Calitzdorp Solar Cookers: Fabricators and vendors of the LAZOLA 2 box cooker in Calitzdorp, South Africa.
- India news: Inside Barefoot College where women from across the world become ‘solar engineers’ - The Economic Times
- Video: SCI Associate Bruce Knotts describes the impact solar cookers had in East African refugee camps in the 1990’s
- Video: SOL5 Solar Oven at UNHCR Offices in Kakuma, Kenya
- Video: DYI Fresnel mirror solar concentrator
- Construction manual: 100 Suns
- Brazil news: Elmo Dutra leads a cooker construction workshop in Morro da Cruz
- Design video: Cuiseur Solaire Pliable
- Bolivia news: Quand la cuisson solaire et les grands chefs se rencontrent... - (English version)
- EVENT: 30 October - 3 November, 2017 (Kathmandu, Nepal): Plenary group meetings for ISO TC 285 standards
- SCI Associate: International Solar Energy Society
- SCI Associate: American Solar Energy Society
- Design video: Haines/Copenhagen Solar Cooker
- Kenya news: Moving Energy Initiative request for proposals in creating a viable market opportunity for deployment at scale of non-wood based cooking solutions in Kenyan refugee camps
- Testing news: Earthbound Technology conducts reciprocal optics testing.
- Kenya promoter: Godfrey Mawira
- Book: Solar Oven Cooking - Merry Bevill
- EVENT: 27 August 2017: (Sorède, France) A solar cooking demonstration, sponsored by FourSolaire, at the foot of the Himalayan Solar Furnace.
- Uganda news: Sustainable solar cooker business in Mbarara, Uganda
- Mali news: Togo Tilé establishing self-supporting solar cooker business
- USA news: Georgia middle school students win science fair with comparative solar cooker experiment.
- EVENT: 6-17 November 2017: (Bonn, Germany) The 23rd session of the Conference of the Parties (COP 23) to the UN Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) will take place in Bonn.
- Windshield solar cooker: Your camping chair can become a solar cooker
- Kenya news: Faustine Odaba demonstrates how a parabolic cooker works well with a fireless basket.
- Presentation: Examples of Open Source Appropriate Technology (OSAT) for Development Cooperation - Dieter Seifert
- Haiti news: Evidence: Solar cooking initiatives in Haiti
- EVENT: 2 June - 4 July 2017: (San Diego, California, USA) There will be a solar cooking exhibit in the Farm Area of the San Diego County Fair.
- EVENT: 29 October - 2 November 2017: (Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates) The ISES Solar World Congress 2017 will convene at the Jumeirah Hotel Etihad Towers.
- Classroom resource: Middle school solar cooker challenge meets STEAM requirements
- Design: SolSource Sport, a compact solar cooker from One Earth Designs.
- SCI Associate: Paul Funk
- Mali news: Solar Cooking KoZon (SCK) stimulates ISC private enterprises
- Appeal: Contribute your data: Drive solar cooking results
- India news: Janak Palta McGilligan is honored as a Green Hero by TERI for her inspiring work in the field of solar cooking and sustainable lifestyles in Indore, India. TERI video on Janak's work...
- USA news: Solar Cookers: Who Needs Them? - Valley Center Happenings
- Wiki article: Photography
- USA news: Solar Cooking: From the past and into the future - Paul Funk
- Uganda news: Disabled Technicians Uganda Limited and Heliac, Denmark began a technology-sharing partnership at the 6th SCI World Conference 2017 in India. Edward Sembajjwe is constructing Heliac’s Fresnel lens solar cooker in Uganda.
- Report: Solar Cooking—the solution to environmental impact and fuel scarcity in Kakuma Refugee Camp - Godfrey Mawira Kaburu
- Video: TEDx Talk by Dr. Ajay Chandak
- Kenya NGO: Farmers With A Vision
- EVENT: 9 May 2017: (Valley Center, California, USA) Patricia McArdle, former US diplomat and dedicated solar cooking advocate, will speak at the upcoming meeting of the Dos Valles Garden Club.
- Page: Data collection
- Page: CONSOLFOOD 2018
- Video: SCI Vice President, Monica Woods, discusses the SCI mission.
- EVENT: 10-13 October 2017: (San Francisco, Calfornia, USA) SOCAP17 will unite innovators in business, tech, the sharing economy, health, philanthropy, and more to advance environmental and social causes.
- Thailand news: Vendor grills delicious chicken with solar heat from the Thai sun for over two decades - Coconuts Bangkok
- India news: Steam-based cooking system coming up at KGMU - The Times of India
- Employment opportunity: Solar Cookers International is seeking an Administration Assistant. Deadline to apply: 26 April 2017.
- Employment opportunity: Solar Cookers International is seeking a Public Relations Officer. Position Open until filled.
- Haiti news: Your urgent help needed: Contribute to advocacy for solar cooking in Haiti
- USA news: Solar Cookers International closes its online store
- India news: Haryana government exempts solar devices from Value Added Tax levy - The Economic Times
- Solar cooking promotion: SCI has proposed data collection guidelines for successful solar cooking projects
- Kenyan NGO: Tonembee Association
- India news: Ayurvedic pain reliever made in solar cooker at Jimmy McGilligan Centre - The Free Press Journal
- EVENT: 28 October 2017: (Tucson, Arizona, USA) A free solar cooker demonstration and construction workshop will take place at the Wheeler Taft Abbett Sr. Public Library
- Employment opportunity: Solar Cookers International (SCI) is seeking a Communications Manager
- India news: Indore : Jimmy memorial week begins with solar food festival - The Free Press Journal
- Graphic: Comparison of fuelwood consumption in a Ben 3 Firewood Stove vs. a three-stone fire
- Page: Environmental benefits of solar cooking
- Kenya news: Kenya learns to cook with solar power – even when the sun doesn’t shine - Reuters
- Video request: Help celebrate SCI's 30th anniversary and show the world how you solar cook. Send a short video.
- Employment opportunity: Solar Cookers International is looking for an experienced researcher and writer to investigate data about successful, scaled solar cooking projects that can be replicated.
- Design: Greenhouse Solar Cooker
- Vietnam news: Solar Serve News #51
- EVENT: Thursday, April 27th, 2017: (8-9am PST, 3-4pm GMT): Solar Cookers International will host the "Sector Updates: Share Your News" webinar
- Video: Gap Sap with Padma Shri Janak Palta McGilligan Social Worker S02E02 Hindi
- Page: Water&Solar100, a parabolic solar cooker with electronic tracking capabilities
- Classroom resource: Rubric for Characteristics of Effective Solar Cooking Lessons - Mary Buchenic
- Video: Gap Sap With Deepak Gadhia Social and Solar Entrepreneur
- EVENT: 22-24 January 2018: (Faro, Portugal) CONSOLFOOD 2018 is scheduled to take place at the Instituto Superior de Engenharia, Universidade do Algarve, Campus da Penha.
- Video: Homemade Solar Water Filter - MAD Science Hacks
- USA news: The American Solar Energy Society (ASES) has become an Organization Associate of the Solar Cookers International Association
- Philippines news: MKP 2016: Supporting Sustainable Ecotourism Development Initiative - Global Indonesian Voices
- New vendor: Solar Solutions Central sells the Water Pasteurization Indicator
- Mexico event: Workshop de Cocinas Solares
- Document: Curriculum for a 10th grade physics education course based on project-oriented teaching via solar cookers - Hezi Yizhaq, Daniel Feuermann
- Ethiopia news: Ethiopia: Improving Citizens' Life Style - The Ethiopian Herald
- Lebanon news: Refugee crisis strains Lebanon’s deficient electricity network
- Video: Children's reaction after solar cooking for the first time at record-setting India festival - Vivek Kabra
- Report: Gender-Based Violence in Humanitarian Settings: Cookstoves and Fuels - Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves
- Refugee camp news: Several important commitments grew from the 6th SCI World Conference 2017 regarding camps for refugees
- India news: Solar Cooking Challenge at the Uttarakhand Renewable Development Agency
- India news: Budget 2017: Experts urge for greater subsidy on purchase of solar products - Daily News & Analysis
- Bolivia news: International Women's Day: Gender Justice is on the march in the Amazon - Ecologist
- India news: This IIT-Bombay graduate has helped 119,500 children cook using solar energy, and he isn’t done yet - Your Story
- EVENT: 22-23 April 2017 (New Haven, Connecticut, USA) The GHIC 2017: Global Health & Innovation Conference will take place at Yale University
- Page: Infinity Bakery, a low cost, small commercial scale solar cooker
- Ethiopia news: Training on the production of solar cookers and PV panels closes - Addis Ababa University
- Page: Heliac Solar Cooker, a prototype fresnel lens design
Scroll to the top of this page for the 2017 news archive.
- Main article: Solar cooking news archive 2006-2008
- Main article: Solar cooking news archive 1995-2005
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.