See also: Current news
- See Past events.
- Conference papers: All of the presentations and posters have uploaded to: CONSOLFOOD 2016
- Article in the media: New solar cooker design could have big implications - thedailyobserver.ca
- Full text of book: Solar Cookers in the Third World - GIZ (1990)
- Guinea News: Diallo Abdoulaye Sadio reports that the Association Des Volontaires Guineens Pour l' Environnement has been promoting solar thermal cooking for twenty-two years in Guinea and other other areas of West Africa. He feels by training young people with sustainable employment opportunities is helping to fight against the appeal of terrorist organizations. He is hoping to attract the attention of an NGO willing to help with their efforts.
- Wiki article: Bernhard Müller has written an excellent explanation of how fuel-effcient gasifier stoves work and are constructed. See: Gasifiers
- Senegal News: Senegal receives an integrated cooking facility with help from Sun and Ice. Stephan Zech reports that the company has sponsored a facility in Senegal that is promoting solar cooking, heat retention cooking, and fuel-efficeint stove use. More information...
- Audio: SCI executive director Julie Greene is interviewed on the Sunpod podcast
- Document: A Strategy to Eliminate Water-borne Disease in Lower Nyakach Kenya - Robert Metcalf and Dinah Chienjo
- Document: Nutritive Value of Foods Cooked in Solar Box Cooker - Rajammal P. Devadas
- Video: GoSun Solar Stove Gets Cooking
- Newsletter: SMUD Energy Education News, Spring 2016
- Document: An Investigation of Skirts - Dale Andreatta and Alex Wohlgemuth
- India News: BENGALURU: The Union Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) has invited applications and proposals from educational institutions to convert to green campuses...Solar cooking systems must be utilised for hostels/hospitals etc. All houses, hostels and kitchens must have solar water heaters. Read more...
- Handbook: A Practical Method for Rapid Assessment of the Bacterial Quality of Water - United Nations Human Settlements Programme
- Document: Cooking in a semi-rural area in Sudan, A case study in al-Sororab - Muna Rizig and Ben Croxford
- Audio: Janak McGilligan is interviewed on the Sunpod podcast
- Video: Solar Cookers Eco-learning Board: Mikasa Childrens Garden - Japan
- Conference RFP: Solar Cookers International is organizing the next solar cooking conference to take place at the Muni Seva Ashram in Goraj, Vadodara, Gujarat, India 16-22 January, 2017 (tentative). Topics to be addressed include: solar cooking, solar food processing, energy policy, and solar thermal industrial applications. Conference participants may submit an abstract and/or nominate a conference theme or speaker. Travel funding applicants must submit a Travel Funding Application accompanied by an abstract to email@example.com before April 29, 2016. More information...
- Document: Portable Stored Solar Thermal Energy for Household Use - University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and Sun Buckets, Inc.
- Newsletter: Kathy and Phil Bredine's January-February 2016 Newsletter
- Document: Extension of Shelf Life of Fruits and Vegetables by Solar Thermal Drying with High Solar Fraction in Temperate Climates - Sonnenobst
- Document: GIZ ten conditions for successful solar cooking adoption - Dorthea Otremba (GIZ)
- Annual Report: Bethel Business and Community Development Center Annual Report for 2015
- Construction plans: T-188 Parabolic Trough Baking Device
- Document: Handbook on Solar Drying - Planters Energy Network
- Event: April 14-16, 2016: (Piracicaba-SP, Brazil) There will be a free sustainability event at the Marquis House covering municipal and corporate sustainability, social technologies, and sustainable buildings. More information...
- Book: Energy Savers that Work
- Article in the media: Solar ovens help fuel future - The Whig
- Document: Solar Oven Partners February 2016 newsletter
- Conference presentation: Solar cooking in south Brazil: dissemination and barriers - Elmo Dutra
- Article in the media: Bringing the heat - Lethbridge Herald
- Document: Liking Energy Company Catalog 2016
- Article in the media: A culinary date with the sun on Sankranti - Indian Voice
- Event: February 22, 24 2016 (Online): Advancing Cookstove Research and Design: As part of the U.S. Government support for the Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves, the U.S. Department of Energy (U.S. DOE) awarded $10 million in grants for research aimed at addressing technical barriers to the development of low emission, high efficiency cookstoves through activities in areas such as combustion, heat transfer and materials development. Join the free webinar for a two-part series on Monday, February 22 and Wednesday, February 24 at 10:00am EST (14:00 – 15:30 Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)),for an update on the U.S. DOE projects. There is no charge for the webinar but registration is required. Register Part One, 2/22 Register Part Two, 2/24 More information at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Article in the media: Solarama : la start-up qui veut convertir le Maroc aux cuiseurs solaires - L'usine Nouvelle
- Video: Wolfgang Scheffler erläutert auf der Konferenz "Solarenergie für Afrika 2010" in Düsseldorf die Funktionsweise des von ihm erfundenen solaren "Scheffler-Spiegels".
- Annual Report: Solar Cookers International releases its Annual Report for 2015
- Article in the media: Thermos Nissan Thermal Cooker - The Boat Galley
- Video: Teong Tan CooKit variation
- Document: Spreadsheet showing efficiency comparisons of the Ben 2 and Ben 3 Firewood Stoves against other stoves (See also: Ben 2 and Ben 3 Firewood Stoves)
- Event: Sunday, February 17, 2016 (Kalwa, Thane, India): Enviro Vigil (Paryavaran Dakshata Manch) will conduct a one day cooking workshop with solar cookers. 10:30am-12:30pm at Ankur Theme park, TMC's Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Hospital campus. Participants will have the opportunity for hands-on training with several types of solar cookers. More information...
- Request for proposals: The Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves (GACC) is accepting proposals for the design and implementation of behavior change communication (BCC) interventions to accelerate market growth and drive adoption of clean and efficient cookstoves and fuels in households. All Alliance partners are eligible to apply, however implementation is limited to the following Alliance focus countries: Bangladesh, Ghana, Guatemala, Kenya, Nigeria, and Uganda. Deadlines: February 16, 2016 (Letters of Intent), March 15, 2016 (Final Applications) Request for Proposals – Clean Cooking Behavior Change Communication Fund
- New manufacturer: Togo Tilé (Mali)
- Newsletter: Solar Cooking the Netherlands - KoZon (December 2015)
- Event: April 7-9, 2016: (Nairobi, Kenya) The SME Expo 2016 will take place at the Kenyatta International Conference Centre (KICC). Companies looking to do business in Africa will have the opportunity to be front and center with pre-screened African buyers, sales representatives, and potential business partners. More information and registration information...
- Video: The Palestinian man who cooks with the sun
- New NGO: Baja Arizona
- Article in the media: Particular about particulates - The Economist
- Video: How to create and update your own wiki page
- Article in the media: Cocinas solares, clubs de lectura y una Escuela de Bienestar - ÚltimoCero (English version)
- New NGO: Imani Women's Group
- Article in the media: Solar oven building workshop for women - The Times of India
- Video: Sunited Présentation en 3mn COP21 Paris décembre 2015
- Solar cooker design: EB800D Solar Cooker
- Event: April 16-17, 2016: (New Haven, Connecticut, USA) The Global Health Innovation Conference will be taking place at Yale University. Billed as the world's leading and largest health conference, it is a crossroads for health care issues and social entrepreneurship. Solar cooking is becoming increasingly recognized as part of the solution for respiratory diseases, aside from the environmental benefits. This is another venue where that voice can be heard. More information...
- Solar cooker design: EB Suncooker
- Solar cooker design: Hypar Solar Cooker
- Article in the media: 10 Of The Coolest Gadgets We Saw At CES 2016 - TechCrunch
- Article in the media: The GoSun Stove Cooks With Just The Power Of The Sun - TechCrunch
- Article in the media: Solar Power And Solvatten Saving Lives - Energy Matters
- Article in the media: Pupils set for science final after innovative creation - Ulster Herald
- Handbook: NaDEET's manual showing how to build all sorts of energy-saving devices including a solar cooker and a fuel-efficient woodstove (English and Afrikaans) - Namib Desert Environmental Education Trust
- Article in the media: A new way to store solar heat - MIT News
- Video: GoSun Solar Stove Gets Cooking - TechCrunch
- Article in the media: The hottest trends and gadgets at this year's CES - CNBC
- Article in the media: Solar cookers on their way - Gulf Islands Driftwood
- Manufacturer: Liking Energy Co., Ltd
- Manufacturer: Solar Oven Reflectors
- Solar cooker design: Sun Dome Solar Oven and Cooker
- Solar cooker design: Shady Spot Solar Cooker
Scroll to the top of this page for the 2016 news archive.
- Main article: Solar cooking news archive 2006-2008
- Main article: Solar cooking news archive 1995-2005