|135 Countries · 350 NGOs · 274 Individuals|
164 Manufacturers · 408 Designs · 94 Plans
|Sponsored by Solar Cookers International|
Funded by the Agua Fund, Inc.
Solar cooking around the world
- 19 August 2018 (Sorède): Journée "Cuisons Solaire" - 2ème Edition - More information...
- 28-29 September 2018 (Nantes): Atelier « Projet de développement et cuiseurs écologiques » - Deux journées qui permettent aux participants de consolider leur démarche de projet de diffusion de cuisson écologique, et d’acquérir les connaissances sur les différents cuiseurs et sur la fabrication d’un cuiseur à bois économe. Tarif : EUR 100 (+ adhésion) Réduction de 50% sur les frais de stage pour les étudiants, chômeurs et moins de 25 ans. Télécharger le programme et la fiche d’inscription.
- NEW: 17 February 2019 (Nantes): "Journée des possibles" de Bolivia Inti-Sud Soleil - BISS organise une "journée des possibles", le samedi 17 février dans ses locaux du Solilab. Plus d'informations...
- 17-19 October 2018 (Palma de Mallorca): 2nd International Conference on Solar Technologies and Hybrid Mini-Grids - The deadline for call for papers is 30 May 2018. More information...
- 2-4 August 2018 (Näsåker): Folkfest demonstration - The Urkult festival held in northern Sweden attracts environmentally conscious families from around the world, according to solar chef, Sara Hjalmarsson. She will be demonstrating solar cooking while she prepares various dishes, following a theme of being sustainable, vegan, and gluten-free. The goal is to get people interested and willing to buy solar/thermal. Urkult festival information...
- 10-13 September 2018 (Rapperswil): EuroSun 2018 - The 12th International Conference on Solar Energy for Buildings and Industry be held on the campus of the HSR University of Applied Science Rapperswil on Lake Zürich. The call for papers is open until 9 March, 2018. More information: http://www.eurosun2018.org, email@example.com
- 5-8 August 2018 (Boulder): SOLAR 2018: Pathways to the Renewable Energy Transformation - The American Solar Energy Society returns to Colorado this year, moving north to Boulder, a city with a progressive sustainable energy vision, to continue the conversation on maximizing renewable energy, and to forge pathways for communities in every state to follow, in achieving renewables-driven electrification, climate resilience, and clean-energy driven opportunities for all. Activities to include solar cooking demonstrations. More information...
- NEW: 1-6 August 2018 (Lusaka): Join Clement Musonda at the 92nd Agriculture & Commercial Show. This year's theme is; Sustainable Economic Empowerment. He has organized a solar cooking exhibit with Rosa Solar Stoves, and plans to display the Heliac solar cooker, as well as various other solar cooker designs. The event will be held along the Great East Road, connecting the Lusaka International Airport with the Central Business District.
- Uganda news: Haines 2.0 Solar Cooker evaluated at refugee camps
- NGO news: SHE leads consortium to launch solar and biogas social enterprise in Haiti
- Conference poster: Reconstruction of the First Solar Furnace built by Father Himalaya's Description, Modeling, and Perspectives - A. Darbon, R. Le Gall, A. Sanchez, J-J. Serra; Father Himalaya Friends Association,
- Conference poster: Extension of Shelf Life of Fruits and Vegetables by Solar Thermal Drying with High Solar Fraction in Temperate Climates (also paper) - Sonnenobst
- Conference poster: Solar Cooking in South Brazil: Dissemination and Barriers - Elmo Dutra
- Frequently-asked questions: Efficient cookstoves and cooking energy for healthier living - GIZ
- Conference poster: Status of Solar Cooking in Southern Africa - Crosby Menzies of SunFire Solutions
- Conference poster: The Behavior of Steam Inside a Vacuum Evacuated Tube - Faustine Odaba, NAREWAMA
- Testing document: Performance Evaluation Process (PEP) for Solar Cookers - Dr. Alan Bigelow
- Conference paper: Solar Cooking with Heat Storage: Experiments using PCM and figures of merits for solar cookers (Slides) - António Lecuona
- India news: Centre plans to introduce solar cooking facilities for every rural household in next 4-5 years, says Piyush Goyal - Mumbai Mirror
- Conference paper: Key Disruptors for the 21st Century - Julie Greene
- Conference paper: Mediterranean Diet - past present, and future of solar food processing (Solar food processing in Mediterranean Algarve) - Nídia Braz
- Conference presentation: SunCook, From Plastic to Cork - Manuel Collares Pereira
- Conference paper: The Durabilitity of Evacuated Solar Cooking Tubes - Somae Preliminary Field Trials - Dave Oxford and Stewart Maclachlan
- Conference presentation: The Science Behind Solar Cookers: A Good Didactic Approach - Juan Bello Llorente
- Conference presentation: Sustainable Development by Integrating Use of Solar Cookers for Organic Products - Janak McGilligan
- Conference presentation: Solar Food Processing in Eastern Africa - a Summary - Bernhard Müller
- Conference presentation: Evolution of Solar Concentrating Technologies in India - Deepak Gadhia
- Haiti news: SCI's Dr. Alan Bigelow worked with Rose Bazile to teach solar cooking tecnology
- Conference presentation: Evaluation of Renewable Energy Sources in Africa - Daniel Ayuk Mbi Egbe, et al
- Conference presentation: Solar Cookers in the Antarctic, Solar Restaurants in Desert Areas, Use as Adaptable Solar Dryers - Pedro Serrano
- Photovoltaic-cooker news: GoSun Goes Hybrid with New Fusion Solar + Electric Cooker - The Spoon
- Photovoltaic-cooker design: GoSun Fusion with PV powered electric heating element
- Guinea news: Two day solar cooking training in Conakry
- India news: Awareness On Energy Savings For ITI Students - Star of Mysore
- Solar cooker design: Solar cooker design to fit in a window
- Solar cooker design: Datta Adjustable Panel Cooker
- Reflector construction: Making Petals of Solar Cookers with Mylar and Alveolar PP Sheets - Elmo Dutra
- Interview: Michael Bonke interviews Dr. Pia Otte – Developing solar energy technologies for and with people (First minute in German, interview in English)
- Uganda news: Successful AfriShiners clean cooking and food processing workshop in Kampala.
- Book: Cocina Solar, alternativa energética sustentable Modelo matemático y construcción física - Bernardo Sosa
- Book: Cocinas solares: alternativa energética para el medio rural Desarrollo, implementación y apropiación - Bernardo Sosa
- Solar cooker design: Cuiseur Solaire Pliable
- Document: Lamentation of a Village Elder - Dieter Seifert
- Madagascar news: ADES Annual Report: 2017
- Evacuated tube cookers: The Durability of Evacuated Solar Cooking Tubes - Some Preliminary Field Trials; (and possibilities for a metal-lined Rand tube) - Dave Oxford & Stewart Maclachlan
- Solar cookbook: More Solar Oven Cooking - Merry Bevill
- Institutional cooking news: Yerwada Jail Inmates Get Solar Panels, Cooking Systems To Reduce Use Of Gas Cylinders - Mid-Day
- Absorbant coating research paper: Desarrollo de un Recubrimiento Absorbente Solar de Bajo Costo Basado en Hollín de Biomasa Forestal: Caracterazación Térmica y Aplicación en un Sistema de Cocción Solar - Bernardo López-Sosa, et al
- EVENT: 1-6 August 2018, (Lusaka, Zambia): 92nd Agriculture & Commercial Show will include solar cooking displays organized by Clement Musonda
- EVENT: 9 June 2018, Sunday (Washburn, Wisconsin, USA): Dandelion Days Festival at Wikdal Park will include solar cooking demonstration
- NGO news: Bolivia Inti-Sud Soleil Rapport d’activités 2017
- Morocco news: MAROC - De nouvelles coopératives équipées de séchoirs solaires - (English version)
- Haiti news: Bolivia Inti-Sud Soleil visits Haiti to consult on improving the cooking situation in rural areas - (English version)
- Photovoltaic cooker design: SolaCooka
- Photovoltaic hybrid cooking: Photovoltaic panel supplements solar box cooker
- Nepal news: FoST demonstrates production of biomass briquettes and solar cooking in Lapu Village (video)
- Solar drying research: Natural convection flow in a solar dryer geometry - José Núñez and Bernardo López-Sosa
- India news: An insight into the world of Sustainable living - The Times of India
- Individual promoter: Bernardo Sosa
- Wiki article: Tolokatsin Solar Cooker
- Wiki article: SolarFlex Food Dryer
- Solar drying news: Wasting Less of Africa’s Harvest in Order to Prosper - The New York Times
- Refugee camp news: Derk Rijks reports that 4000 Darfuri women at Iridimi Refugee Camp in Chad have qualified for and received Carbon Credits from the UN Gold Standard Foundation. More information...
- Video: Inclined trough line concentrating solar steam generator for which Ajay Chandak is seeking a US partner (Contact...)
- EVENT: 5-8 August 2018 (Boulder, Colorado, USA): SOLAR 2018: Pathways to the Renewable Energy Transformation
- Puerto Rico news: - A solar cooker request has resulted in parabolic cooker training coordinated by several organizations. Solar ovens are also provided to other hard hit rural areas.
- Solar cooker/dryer design: Muhammed Yasin Khan offers his version of a solar box oven with a solar dryer attachment.
- Individual promoter: Marie-Line Dupuy
- EVENT: 19-21 June 2018 (Valencia, Spain): IX Congreso Ibérico VII Congreso Iberoamericano de las Ciencias y Técnicas del Frío
- EVENT: 20-22 June 2018 (Madrid, Spain): XVI Congreso Ibérico y XII Congreso Iberoamericano de Energía Solar
- EVENT: 19 August 2018 (Sorède, France): Journée "Cuisons Solaire" - 2ème Edition
- EVENT: 17-19 October 2018 (Palma de Mallorca, Spain): 2nd International Conference on Solar Technologies and Hybrid Mini-Grids
- Charcoal production news: Champion of the Earth Fatima Jibrell attends high-level talks on Somalia’s illegal charcoal trade - UNDP
- Zambia news: Pasteurizng water in Lusaka with the Heliac solar cooker to help curtail the spread of cholera
- Construction plans: Video-assisted construction plans for the Lazola 3 solar box cooker (English, German)
- Parabolic cooker news: Spanish documentation on the SK1.4 parabolic solar cooker
- Zimbabwe news: Low Awareness Restrains Growth of Solar Technologies - Inter Press Service
- EVENT: 25-26 May, 2018 (Wietow, Germany): SolarZentrum sustainable solar cooking and farming conference at the Solar Center MV
- Mexico news: Desarrollo, implementación y apropiación de cocinas solares para el medio rural de Michoacán - M. González-Avilés, Bernardo López-Sosa, et al
- Testing research: Evaluation framework for small-dimension solar cookers - Bernardo López-Sosa
For older news and new content log, please see the Solar cooking news archive.
- For questions and comments about the Solar Cooking Wiki (this website), contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Solar Cooking Wiki
- About this wiki
- Add or edit an article
- Sign up for the SCI Digest
- Become an SCI Associate
- About Solar Cookers International
Solar cooking basics
- Intro to solar cooking
- Build a solar cooker
- Buy a solar cooker
- Pots, glazing, glue, paint, etc.
- Cooking guidelines
- Frequently-asked questions
- Top news
- New content
- Construction plans
- Manufacturers and vendors
- Project evaluations
- Discussion groups
Teaching and promotion
Solar cooking in depth
- Refugee camps
- Institutional solar cooking
- Testing solar cookers
- Tracking the sun
- Heat storage
- Health and safety
- Business development
- Research topics
- Integrated cooking
- Heat-retention cooking
- Water pasteurization
- Improved combustion stoves
- Food processing
- Food drying
- Other non-cooking uses