The Solar Sizzler is a portable cooker. The reflector consists in 9 sections that once assembled with the central axis, form a parabolic structure with a diameter of 91,5 cm. The cooker's size and weight make it easy to transport. However the system also requires two bases to be able to cook: one to hold the plate so the cooker can be positioned towards the sun (as a camera tripod does) and another one for the cooking grill. The manufacturer sales both the reflectors and the bases, although any other kind of base may be used, even a homemade one. In sunny days, temperatures higher than 345 ºC in the focal point have been reported. Cooking times are similar to those in an electric cooker.
- Reflector: ABS plastic covered with vaporized aluminum
- Commercial reflector base: wood
- Commercial grill base: metal
- Non assembled: every section mesures about 33 x 35 cm. Al the sections together can be stored in a box sized 39 x 32 x 10 cm.
- Assembled: the parabolic plate has a diameter of 91.5 cm.
Weight: Reflector is 3.5kg. The total weight of the cooker depends on the pots and bases used for the cooking.
Tel: 1-519-794-4138 (Canada)