This text was borrowed from http://www.solarpunch.org/solarpunch/the_mission,_the_message,_the_method.html .
Solar Punch is a popular New York musical group that uses music to educate audiences about the environment. By using solar energy exclusively to power their performances and demonstrations, they believe that they become a solution to the climate challenge. They want to "inspire by doing... by showing...by inter-acting":
- "In remote farm villages. In mountain resorts. On islands and in urban areas. Our sound and show are portable. We are able to get most of our gear into a few suitcases, making it possible for us to bring our show to remote regions all over the world...
- "We are passionate about both the content (message) and the package (music) we want to entertain, thrill and enlighten but we also want to make sure our facts are correct, our information is current and our demonstrations are effective...
- "As we travel, we develop media and materials to help transmit how we work, why understanding and protecting the environment is a great thing and how the message itself is cross-cultural, cross-generational and world embracing..."
News and recent developmentsEdit
- January 29, 2010: (Greenburgh, New York) Hope 2 Haiti benefit performance, 1pm - 6pm
- February 6 2010: (Hastings-on-Hudson, New York) Hope 2 Haiti benefit performance, 3pm - 5pm
To find out about all scheduled performances and about the band: