Solar Inti is a French-Argentine project for the development of ecological and solar ovens provided to low-income families in the northwest region of Argentina.
News and recent developments
June 2008 - December 2012:
- 2200 ecological cookers (solar cookers, biomass cook stove, thermic box, ecological oven, ecological shower) were distributed in northwestern Argentina.
- Participatives worshops qualified families to build and repare her own solar cooker
- More than 6000 people take advantage of solar and low cost energy to cook and to heat water.
- Daily use will allow them to save 2000 tons of CO2 every year.
- Pulmonary and ocular diseases are reduced due to the lack of smoke. Back problems are reduced from not needing to carry a weekly load of firewood. Diarrea (especially affecting children) is combated with the pasteurisation of the water.
General Coordinator of SOLAR INTI
See this article in other languages
- Voyez cet article dans le wiki en français: Solar Inti