Solar Inti is a French-Argentine project for the development of ecological solar ovens provided to low-income families in the northwest region of Argentina.
News and recent developments
June 2008 - June 2012:
- 1700 ecological cookers (solar cookers, biomass cook stove, thermic box) were distributed in northwestern Argentina.
- They benefit 1500 families. More than 6000 people take advantage of solar and low cost energy to cook and to heat water.
- Daily use will allow them to save 1700 tons of CO2 every year.
- Families are qualified to build and repare her own solar cooker
- Pulmonary and ocular diseases are reduced due to the lack of smoke. Back problems are reduced from not needing to carry a weekly load of firewood. Diarrea (especially affecting children) is combated with the pasteurisation of the water.
General Coordinator of SOLAR INTI project in Argentina
See this article in other languages
- Voyez cet article dans le wiki en français: Solar Inti