Solar Inti is a French-Argentine project for the development of ecological and solar ovens provided to low-income families in the northwest region of Argentina.
News and recent developments
June 2008 - December 2012:
- 2000 ecological cookers (solar cookers, biomass cook stove, thermic box, ecological oven, ecological shower) were distributed in northwestern Argentina.
- Participatives worshops qualified families to build and repare her own solar cooker
- More than 6000 people take advantage of solar and low cost energy to cook and to heat water.
- Daily use will allow them to save 2000 tons of CO2 every year.
- Pulmonary and ocular diseases are reduced due to the lack of smoke. Back problems are reduced from not needing to carry a weekly load of firewood. Diarrea (especially affecting children) is combated with the pasteurisation of the water.
General Coordinator of SOLAR INTI project in Argentina
See this article in our foreign language wikis
- Voyez cet article dans le wiki en français: Solar Inti