Last updated: November 21, 2015
Solar Inti is a French-Argentine project for the development of ecological and solar ovens provided to low-income families in the northwest region of Argentina.
News and recent developments
- NEW: November 2015: Solar Inti reports that it has distributed more than 3000 "ecological cookers" and plans to expand to cover all of Argentina.
- June 2008 - December 2013:
- 2500 ecological cookers (solar cookers, biomass cookstove, heat-retention cookers, ecological oven, ecological shower) were distributed in northwestern Argentina.
- Participatives worshops qualified families to build and repare her own solar cooker
- More than 8000 people take advantage of solar and low cost energy to cook and to heat water.
- Daily use will allow them to save 2500 tons of CO2 every year.
- Pulmonary and ocular diseases are reduced due to the lack of smoke. Back problems are reduced from not needing to carry a weekly load of firewood. diarrhea (especially affecting children) is combated with the pasteurisation of the water.
Audio and video
- NEW: July 2015:
- April 2014:
- http://www.solarinti.blogspot.com (English version)
- http://www.solarinti-france.blogspot.com.ar (English version)
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SolarInti?ref=hl solar inti
General Coordinator of SOLAR INTI
Blog (Spanish): http://solarinti.blogspot.com
Blog (French): http://solarinti-france.blogspot.com.ar
See this article in our foreign language wikis
- Voyez cet article dans le wiki en français: Solar Inti