- Cardboard Box w/ Attached Lid
- Box Knife/Scissors
- Aluminum Foil
- Plastic Wrap
- Black Paper
- Use a box knife or sharp scissors to cut a flap on the lid. Cut along the three sides, leaving about an inch from the edges of the lid. Fold this flap out, so that it stands up.
- Tightly wrap the aluminum foil around the inner side of the flap and tape it to the back in order to cover the inner flap.
- Open the box and tape a double layer of plastic wrap over the opening you made. Make sure to tape down each side securely, sealing out the air.
- Line the inside of the box with black paper, preferably construction paper.
- Set the oven in the direct sun. (The best time for solar cooking is from 11AM - 3PM.) Open the flap and place the stick between the flap and the edge of box to keep it stay open.
- Place the food you want to cook inside the box.
(Instructions adapted from Home Science Tools)