|135 Countries · 350 NGOs · 274 Individuals|
164 Manufacturers · 408 Designs · 94 Plans
|Sponsored by Solar Cookers International|
Funded by the Agua Fund, Inc.
Solar cooking around the world
- NEW: 21-23 March 2019: AfriShiners - The AfriShiners 3rd International Workshop is taking place in Eldoret, Kenya. (Unfortunately, registration is full for this event). More information...
- NEW: 8-12 May 2019 (Florianopolis): ENSUS 2019 - VII Encontro de Sustentabilidade em Projeto
- 17 February 2019 (Nantes): "Journée des possibles" de Bolivia Inti-Sud Soleil - BISS organise une "journée des possibles", le samedi 17 février dans ses locaux du Solilab. Plus d'informations...
- NEW: 6-7 April 2019 (Altötting): - EG-Solar is sponsoring a solar cooking conference in conjunction with local students. The conference language will be German. Contact Bernhard Müller if interested in more information.
- NEW: 21-23 March 2019: AfriShiners (Eldoret): - The AfriShiners 3rd International Workshop is taking place in Eldoret, Kenya. (Unfortunately, registration is full for this event). More information...
- 13-14 April 2019 (New Haven): 16th Annual 'Unite for Sight' Global Health & Innovation Conference - The conference will include over 2000 professionals and students from around the world, and also aims to encourage changemakers, and participants from all sectors of global health, international development, and social entrepreneurship to attend. More information...
- NEW: 1-30 April 2019 (Dodgeville) - The BIETR, etc. exhibit by Joel Goodman will be on display throughout April at the Iowa County Courthouse in Dodgeville from 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. weekdays. It will include solar collector and storage building studies for heating and cooling, solar kitchens for the tropics, reused wind blades, PV pergolas, and various other works.
- Solar drying news: Solar Energy Drying in Haiti: Reducing Peanut Loss
- France vendor: Soleil Vert
- Solar wall oven news: Window-mounted solar oven - Design Innovation Center (Mumbai)
- India news: StartupBharat: From solar stoves to 3D printing, four stories of innovation from Gujarat - YourStory
- Carbon credit news: Compensation of CO2 emissions as a global opportunity for climate protection (English, Spanish) - Dieter Seifert
- Individual news: RPCV Patricia McArdle: PCV, Diplomat, Novelist, Solar Cook - Peace Corps Worldwide
- GoSun news: GoSun woos outdoor cooks with Fusion's solar power - TechXplore
- EVENT: 6-7 April 2019 (Altötting, Germany): - EG-Solar is sponsoring a solar cooking conference in Altötting, Germany in conjunction with local students. The conference language will be German. Contact Bernhard Müller if interested in more information.
- EVENT: 8-10 May 2019 (Florianopolis, Brazil): - ENSUS 2019 - VII Encontro de Sustentabilidade em Projeto
- Evacuated-tube cooker news: GoSun's Fusion solar cooker revealed at CES 2019 - C|Net
- Puerto Rico news: Faith-Based Social Entrepreneurs Bank Puerto Rico Trash Will Fuel Island's Growth - Forbes
- EVENT: 21-23 March 2019 (Eldoret, Kenya): - The AfriShiners 3rd International Workshop will take place in Eldoret, Kenya in March 2019 (Unfortunately, registration is full for this event). More information...
- Namibia news: Solar cooking impresses workshop participants - The Namibian
- India news: Replacing traditional stoves with solar cooking solutions: Solar energy to pave way for a sustainable future - Media India Group
- Promotion document: Solar Cooking Adoption and Impact Survey
- Promotion data collection: Solar Cookers International: Adoption and Impact - Post Distribution Survey (contribute your data!)
- Red Cross solar cooker alliance: GoSun to co-brand solar cookers with the American Red Cross for disaster relief. Read their press release
- Carbon credit news: Information on solar cooking Gold Standard carbon credits that Gold Standard shared at recent United Nations SCI press conference
- World Health Organization news: WHO calls on countries to embrace non-polluting sources of energy - Ghana Web
- Country article: Ukraine
- Photovoltaic cooker news: IIT-B fest launches solar chai on day 1 - The Asian Age
- Ghana news: Catholic Church promotes solar to reduce emissions and help the fishing industry - BusinessGhana
- UN news: WHO calls on countries to embrace non-polluting sources of energy - GhanaWeb
- Nigeria news: FAO promotes solar, fuel-efficient technologies among internally displaced people in northeastern Nigeria - Food and Agriculture Organization of the UN
- José Andrés news: Solar cooking advocate, José Andrés, has been nominated for the 2019 Nobel Peace Prize -The Washington Post
- Sri Lanka news: Clean alternatives to firewood cooking stoves, by Seggy Segaran- Sunday Observer
- Survey document: Exploratory Resident Survey for Solar Cooking
- Document: Carbon Mechanisms Review
- Presentation: AfriShiners workshop presentation slides
- EVENT: 3-14 December 2018 (Katowice, Poland): - COP24 (UN Climate Change) Conference of the Parties
- Refugee relief aid: Energy’s Changing Role in Relief Aid - YaleGlobal Online
- Solar restaurant and bakery news: Le Présage – Le 1er restaurant solaire de France est à Aubagne - (English version)
- Democratic Republic of Congo report: Rwenena Report on Solar Cooking Stove Survey
- Switzerland news: SCI Science Director meets with WHO representatives and presents at the 2018 International Tech4Dev Conference
- France news: SCI at Clean Tech Week in Annecy
- EVENT: 8 December 2018 (Manchester, New Hampshire, USA): - The Discovery Lab will host its second annual 4-H Science Bonanza
- India news: Indians for Collective Action Celebrates Golden Jubilee, Honors Social Pioneers - India West
- Baking guidelines: The reason you should bake at 350 degrees - Eat This, Not That!
- Sierra Leone report: Sierra Leone's Energy Landscape - Renewables Salone
- Uganda news: Community solar baking oven commissioned in Gulu
- Zambia news: Clement Musonda chronicles the history of Rosa Solar Stove projects
- PV cooker news: Solar Electric Cooking and Uganda, Pete Schwartz, Cal Poly Physics
- Education news: Virginia School for the Deaf and the Blind offers students introduction to solar cooking
- USA news: American Solar Energy Society launches Tiny Watts, a community website for users of solar PV and solar thermal technology
- Solar Cookers International news: SCI hold solar oven demonstration at the San Diego Clean Energy Fair
- India news: National Grand Challenge Awards for Designing User Friendly Smart Solar Cooking Solutions
- Non-cooking uses: Chemists Demonstrate Sustainable Approach to Carbon Dioxide Capture From Air - newswise
For older news and new content log, please see the Solar cooking news archive.
- For questions and comments about the Solar Cooking Wiki (this website), contact email@example.com.
The Solar Cooking Wiki
- About this wiki
- Add or edit an article
- About Solar Cookers International (SCI)
- Sign up for the SCI Digest
- Become an SCI Associate
Solar cooking basics
- Introduction to solar cooking
- Why solar cooking is important
- How solar cookers work
- Build a solar cooker
- Buy a solar cooker
- Pots, glazing, glue, paint, etc.
- Cooking guidelines
- Frequently-asked questions
- Top news
- New content
- Construction plans
- Manufacturers and vendors
- Project evaluations
- Discussion groups
Teaching and promotion
Solar cooking in depth
- Refugee camps
- Institutional solar cooking
- Testing solar cookers
- Tracking the sun
- Heat storage
- Health and safety
- Emergency preparedness
- Business development
- Research topics
- Integrated cooking
- Heat-retention cooking
- Water pasteurization
- Improved combustion stoves
- Food processing
- Food drying
- Other non-cooking uses