|135 Countries · 350 NGOs · 277 Individuals|
164 Manufacturers · 407 Designs · 94 Plans
|Sponsored by Solar Cookers International|
Funded by the Agua Fund, Inc.
Solar cooking around the world
- NEW: 19 August 2018 (Sorède): Journée "Cuisons Solaire" - 2ème Edition - More information...
- 28-29 September 2018 (Nantes): Atelier « Projet de développement et cuiseurs écologiques » - Deux journées qui permettent aux participants de consolider leur démarche de projet de diffusion de cuisson écologique, et d’acquérir les connaissances sur les différents cuiseurs et sur la fabrication d’un cuiseur à bois économe. Tarif : EUR 100 (+ adhésion) Réduction de 50% sur les frais de stage pour les étudiants, chômeurs et moins de 25 ans. Télécharger le programme et la fiche d’inscription.
- NEW: 17 February 2019 (Nantes): "Journée des possibles" de Bolivia Inti-Sud Soleil - BISS organise une "journée des possibles", le samedi 17 février dans ses locaux du Solilab. Plus d'informations...
- NEW: 19-21 June 2018 (Valencia): IX Congreso Ibérico | VII Congreso Iberoamericano de las Ciencias y Técnicas del Frío - More information... - (English version)
- NEW: 20-22 June 2018 (Madrid): XVI Congreso Ibérico y XII Congreso Iberoamericano de Energía Solar - More information...
- NEW: 17-19 October 2018 (Palma de Mallorca): 2nd International Conference on Solar Technologies and Hybrid Mini-Grids - The deadline for call for papers is 30 May 2018. More information...
- 2-4 August 2018 (Näsåker): Folkfest demonstration - The Urkult festival held in northern Sweden attracts environmentally conscious families from around the world, according to solar chef, Sara Hjalmarsson. She will be demonstrating solar cooking while she prepares various dishes, following a theme of being sustainable, vegan, and gluten-free. The goal is to get people interested and willing to buy solar/thermal. Urkult festival information...
- 27-29 June 2018 (Lausanne): Tech4Dev 2018 - Be part of the solution at the UNESCO Chair in Technologies for Development’s 5th International Conference, Tech4Dev 2018: Voices of the Global South at the SwissTech Convention Center. It is hosted by the Cooperation and Development Center-CODEV at EPFL. Alternative technology approaches, including sustainable solar energy, will be presented. Early bird registration is open, benefit with reduced conference fees. More information...
- 10-13 September 2018 (Rapperswil): EuroSun 2018 - The 12th International Conference on Solar Energy for Buildings and Industry be held on the campus of the HSR University of Applied Science Rapperswil on Lake Zürich. The call for papers is open until 9 March, 2018. More information: http://www.eurosun2018.org, firstname.lastname@example.org
- 21-23 June 2018 (Kampala): AfriShiners workshop - Hosted by the Giving Hope Foundation, will be the 2nd international workshop on clean cooking and food processing. The event organizer and Lernen - Helfen - Leben e.V. board member, Bernhard Müller, will be on hand with the Baba Moto improved combustion stove, and will be speaking on energy management. He can be reached at email@example.com. Faustine Odaba will lead a workshop on fireless cookers. Also included, is a visit to a local solar stove testing facility. Preliminary Program information...
- NEW: 5-8 August 2018 (Boulder): SOLAR 2018: Pathways to the Renewable Energy Transformation - The American Solar Energy Society returns to Colorado this year, moving north to Boulder, a city with a progressive sustainable energy vision, to continue the conversation on maximizing renewable energy, and to forge pathways for communities in every state to follow, in achieving renewables-driven electrification, climate resilience, and clean-energy driven opportunities for all. Activities to include solar cooking demonstrations. More information...
- NEW: 1-6 August 2018 (Lusaka): Join Clement Musonda at the 92nd Agriculture & Commercial Show. This year's theme is; Sustainable Economic Empowerment. He has organized a solar cooking exhibit with Rosa Solar Stoves, and plans to display the Heliac solar cooker, as well as various other solar cooker designs. The event will be held along the Great East Road connecting Lusaka with the international airport and Central Business District. More information...
- Book: Cocina Solar, alternativa energética sustentable Modelo matemático y construcción física - Bernardo Sosa
- Book: Cocinas solares: alternativa energética para el medio rural Desarrollo, implementación y apropiación - Bernardo Sosa
- Solar cooker design: Cuiseur Solaire Pliable
- Document: Lamentation of a Village Elder - Dieter Seifert
- Madagascar news: ADES Annual Report: 2017
- Evacuated tube cookers: The Durability of Evacuated Solar Cooking Tubes - Some Preliminary Field Trials; (and possibilities for a metal-lined Rand tube) - Dave Oxford & Stewart Maclachlan
- Solar cookbook: More Solar Oven Cooking - Merry Bevill
- Institutional cooking news: Yerwada Jail Inmates Get Solar Panels, Cooking Systems To Reduce Use Of Gas Cylinders - Mid-Day
- Absorbant coating research paper: Desarrollo de un Recubrimiento Absorbente Solar de Bajo Costo Basado en Hollín de Biomasa Forestal: Caracterazación Térmica y Aplicación en un Sistema de Cocción Solar - Bernardo López-Sosa, et al
- EVENT: 1-6 August 2018, (Lusaka, Zambia): 92nd Agriculture & Commercial Show will include solar cooking displays organized by Clement Musonda
- EVENT: 9 June 2018, Sunday (Washburn, Wisconsin, USA): Dandelion Days Festival at Wikdal Park will include solar cooking demonstration
- NGO news: Bolivia Inti-Sud Soleil Rapport d’activités 2017
- Morocco news: MAROC - De nouvelles coopératives équipées de séchoirs solaires - (English version)
- Haiti news: Bolivia Inti-Sud Soleil visits Haiti to consult on improving the cooking situation in rural areas - (English version)
- Photovoltaic cooker design: SolaCooka
- Photovoltaic hybrid cooking: Photovoltaic panel supplements solar box cooker
- Nepal news: FoST demonstrates production of biomass briquettes and solar cooking in Lapu Village (video)
- Solar drying research: Natural convection flow in a solar dryer geometry - José Núñez and Bernardo López-Sosa
- India news: An insight into the world of Sustainable living - The Times of India
- Individual promoter: Bernardo Sosa
- Wiki article: Tolokatsin Solar Cooker
- Wiki article: SolarFlex Food Dryer
- Solar drying news: Wasting Less of Africa’s Harvest in Order to Prosper - The New York Times
- Refugee camp news: Derk Rijks reports that 4000 Darfuri women at Iridimi Refugee Camp in Chad have qualified for and received Carbon Credits from the UN Gold Standard Foundation. More information...
- Video: Inclined trough line concentrating solar steam generator for which Ajay Chandak is seeking a US partner (Contact...)
- EVENT: 5-8 August 2018 (Boulder, Colorado, USA): SOLAR 2018: Pathways to the Renewable Energy Transformation
- Puerto Rico news: - A solar cooker request has resulted in parabolic cooker training coordinated by several organizations. Solar ovens are also provided to other hard hit rural areas.
- Solar cooker/dryer design: Muhammed Yasin Khan offers his version of a solar box oven with a solar dryer attachment.
- Individual promoter: Marie-Line Dupuy
- EVENT: 19-21 June 2018 (Valencia, Spain): IX Congreso Ibérico VII Congreso Iberoamericano de las Ciencias y Técnicas del Frío
- EVENT: 20-22 June 2018 (Madrid, Spain): XVI Congreso Ibérico y XII Congreso Iberoamericano de Energía Solar
- EVENT: 19 August 2018 (Sorède, France): Journée "Cuisons Solaire" - 2ème Edition
- EVENT: 17-19 October 2018 (Palma de Mallorca, Spain): 2nd International Conference on Solar Technologies and Hybrid Mini-Grids
- Charcoal production news: Champion of the Earth Fatima Jibrell attends high-level talks on Somalia’s illegal charcoal trade - UNDP
- Zambia news: Pasteurizng water in Lusaka with the Heliac solar cooker to help curtail the spread of cholera
- Construction plans: Video-assisted construction plans for the Lazola 3 solar box cooker (English, German)
- Parabolic cooker news: Spanish documentation on the SK1.4 parabolic solar cooker
- Zimbabwe news: Low Awareness Restrains Growth of Solar Technologies - Inter Press Service
- EVENT: 25-26 May, 2018 (Wietow, Germany): SolarZentrum sustainable solar cooking and farming conference at the Solar Center MV
- Mexico news: Desarrollo, implementación y apropiación de cocinas solares para el medio rural de Michoacán - M. González-Avilés, Bernardo López-Sosa, et al
- Testing research: Evaluation framework for small-dimension solar cookers - Bernardo López-Sosa
- Photovoltaic cooking news: Photovoltaic cooking makes sense - IDTechEx
- NGO page: Public Private Alliance Foundation
- Mexico news: Bernardo López Sosa, tecnologías para las comunidades indígenas - (English version)
- Photovoltaic cooking news: IIT-B sends cooking for a SIX - The Asian Age
- Classroom resources: Solar Cooking Education in the Classroom: Activities and Experiments Lesson Plans - Global Development Solutions
- Classroom resource: Solar Cookers - Effective Tools for 3-D Learning - Mary Buchenic
- India news: Oil minister Pradhan attends ONGC Solar Chulha Challenge - The Econimic Times
- Photovoltaic solar cooking news: IIMK LIVE hosts Live Demo of Solar Cooking Innovation - India EducationDiary.com
- Haiti news: John Buchenic created Global Development Solutions to support international nonprofit agencies. - The Vindicator
- Rocket Stove video: El Procedimiento de la Construcción de una Cocina Rocket
- USA news: Hubbard, Ohio lawyer runs nonprofit to maximize US aid to poor nations - The Vindicator
- India news: The Jimmy McGilligan Centre for Sustainable Development has its first solar food fest to celebrate Sustainable Development Week - The Times of India
- USA news: Harnessing the Sun with a Solar Oven to Make Blue Hopi Cornbread - Mother Earth News
- EVENT: 18 April 2018, Wednesday (Cape Girardeau, Missouri, USA): EcoPalooza - Earth Day celebration at Southwest Missouri State University
- Zambia news: Cooking Without Charcoal - Zambia Daily Mail
- India news: Task force meet held for mass solar cooking options - Central Chronicle
- Mali news: Togo Tilé's new workshop and ICS-shop in Segou is now ready and will be officially opened this month. There are 80 employees, all young and mostly women selling products in 17 locations throughout Mali.
- Solar drying news: AIWC promotes solar-dried veggies and fruits - The Hans India
- Solar drying news: Now, healthy and storable ‘solar dried food’ - The New Indian Express
- Costa Rica news: Video of Dr. Nandwani showing his various solar cookers explaining how they work
- Solar wall oven news: Frugal, yet high tech, innovations that can change your lives - The Hindu BusinessLine
- Tanzania news: Results from SCI project shows that 60 families were able to reduce their use of cooking fuel by 25% through the use of the Integrated Cooking Method
- EVENT: 27-29 June 2018 (Lausanne, Switzerland): Tech4Dev 2018 - Voices of the Global South at the SwissTech Convention Center. Alternative technology approaches, including sustainable solar energy, will be presented.
- EVENT: 28 April 2018, Saturday (Tucson, Arizona, USA): Solar Cooking Potluck - Citizens for Solar will host the 36th Annual Solar Potluck at Catalina State Park. Activities will begin at 10 a.m.
- SCI news: Employment opportunities at Solar Cookers International
- EVENT: 14 April 2018, Saturday (Mesa, Arizona, USA): Celebrate Mesa at Pioneer Park with solar cooking and other sustainable activities from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Manufacturer news: Solar Energy Cooking Challenge with GoSun's Patrick Sherwin -Cision PRWeb
- Dominican Republic news: Solar Oven Partners UMC introduce solar cooking in Monte Cristi
- Nigeria news: Abuja Junior School Invents Solar Cooker - PM News
For older news and new content log, please see the Solar cooking news archive.
- For questions and comments about the Solar Cooking Wiki (this website), contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Solar Cooking Wiki
- About this wiki
- Add or edit an article
- Sign up for the SCI Digest
- Become an SCI Associate
- About Solar Cookers International
Solar cooking basics
- Intro to solar cooking
- Build a solar cooker
- Buy a solar cooker
- Pots, glazing, glue, paint, etc.
- Cooking guidelines
- Frequently-asked questions
- Top news
- New content
- Construction plans
- Manufacturers and vendors
- Project evaluations
- Discussion groups
Teaching and promotion
Solar cooking in depth
- Refugee camps
- Institutional solar cooking
- Testing solar cookers
- Tracking the sun
- Heat storage
- Health and safety
- Business development
- Research topics
- Integrated cooking
- Heat-retention cooking
- Water pasteurization
- Improved combustion stoves
- Food processing
- Food drying
- Other non-cooking uses