|130 Countries · 395 NGOs · 319 Individuals|
166 Manufacturers · 377 Designs · 75 Plans
|Sponsored by Solar Cookers International|
Funded by the Agua Fund, Inc.
Solar cooking around the world
- Added article: Nichols Tracking Solar Cooker.
- Added video: Solar academy under way at Cal Maritime - Times-Herald NEWS
- Added event: Saturday, August 1, 2015: (Chico, California) A hands-on solar cooking workshop
- Added article in the media: Solar Cookers - Pakistan Today
- Added event: Saturday, August 1, 2015: (Ringwood, Illinois) Solar cooking workshop
- Added event: July 24, 2015: (Coimbra, Portugal) See past events
- Added video: Wolfgang Scheffler explains the workings of two of his automatic tracking parabolic cooking systems, and the design of his solar food dryer.
- Added video: Sonnenstrahlen erzeugen Energie. Dass dieses Prinzip auch beim Kochen einfach und effektiv funktioniert, dürfte dagegen eher unbekannt sein. Möglich macht's der sogenannte Solarkocher.
- Added article in the media: Everyday Solar Cooking - Mother Earth News
- Added event: Sunday, August 9, 2015: (Mexicali) Refugio de Amor will be presenting a solar cooking workshop on building a solar cooker from recycled items
- Laura Stovel is going off the grid this summer - Revelstoke Review
- Info on new pot added: A dark colored covered bread pan size has been found from a Hong Kong vendor. Banggood and Ebay.
- Dieter Seifert has provided new, detailed instructions for building the Ben 2 and 3 fuel-efficient woodstove
- Added report: Review on thermal energy storage with phase change materials and applications, October 2007 - Science Direct
For older news, please see the Solar cooking news archive.
Solar Cookers International Network
Solar cooking basics
- Intro to solar cooking
- How solar cookers work
- Build a solar cooker
- Buy a solar cooker
- Pots, reflectors, etc.
- Cooking guidelines
- Frequently-asked questions
- Construction plans
- Manufacturers and vendors
- Discussion groups
Teaching and promotion
- Promoting solar cooking
- Most significant projects
- Project evaluations
- Funding your project
- Classroom resources
Solar cooking in depth
- Refugee camps
- Institutional solar cooking
- Testing solar cookers
- Tracking the sun
- Health and safety
- Research topics
- Integrated cooking
- Heat-retention cooking
- Water pasteurization
- Fuel-efficient woodstoves
- Water distillation
- Solar food processing
- Solar canning
- Solar food drying
- Solar autoclave
- Non-cooking uses
Questions and comments: firstname.lastname@example.org