Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Last updated: 13 September 2016
Sentinelle dell'Energia (SELENE) was founded in 2014 to include teaching and promoting solar cooking at a national level as part of its program of alternative energy initiatives and sustainable living strategies.
They document all their knowledge and practical experiences on their website, Facebook page, Google Plus and Twitter. Among other activities, they prepare beautiful posters in Italian involving introductory information about solar ovens (you can find them here: http://www.grupposelene.net/febbraio-2015-mostra-forni-solari/ (English version).
They also wish to offer assistance to other international organizations involved with spreading solar cooking in developing countries. Davide Bianchini, a biomedical engineer in Pesaro, Italy, is the founder of the organization.
As a social promotion association, they welcome new members.
- 9 September 2016: Sentinelle dell'Energia held a public presentation about the opportunities to promote and diffuse the utilisation of solar ovens in refugee camps and in India. The presentation was based on several documents available online, among which are the Jewish World Watch Solar Cooker Project: Best Practices Manual and UNHCR's Cooking Options in Refugee Situations. The entire slide presentation is available on Sentinelle dell'Energia slideshare dedicated page.
- 12-13 August 2016: Sentinelle dell'Energia, together with CND Fenile and Monte Illuminato organized two solar cooking days at Parco Miralfiore in Pesaro. Using their personally-built Fun Panels, Copenhagens, Heaven's Flame and a rudimental cardboard parabolic solar oven, they cooked pasta with pendolini (tiny tomatoes) and arugula, rice salad, boiled zucchini, boiled eggplants and boiled potatoes, spinach and tofu balls, vegan cocoa biscuits. They plan to repeat a similar initiative at the seaside in the coming weeks.
- July 2016, 28th. Sentinelle dell'Energia and CND Fenile participated to EcoFuturo, Festival of ecotechnologies and self construction and they prepared salad rice for about 20 visitors. More information (in Italian) and photos on Sentinelle dell'Energia dedicated blog post.
- July 2016. Sentinelle dell'Energia, together with CND Fenile, and Monte Illuminato developed a bigger version of the Copenhagen solar cooker, whose four petals are now 50 cm x 50 cm big (about 19,68 inches x 19,68 inches). The cardboard base was about 32 cm x 32 cm (12,59 cm x 12,59 cm). The cooker reached a temperature of about 140 °C at midday in Pesaro, Central Italy, with the thermometer put inside a transparent glass cup containing a dark pot inside. They were also able to cook rice, boiled potatoes and boiled carrots, as represented by the following video.
- July 2016, 18th: Sentinelle dell'Energia, CND Fenile, and Monte Illuminato built two Copenhagen Solar Cookers and started to use them.
- July 2016: Sentinelle dell'Energia developed an improved version of Joe Radabaugh's Heaven's Flame. In particular, they added a "heat trap" or "solar trap" all around the oven, in order to increase the cooking temperature. The "heat trap" is a small greenhouse made of recovered cardboard, alluminum foil, paper scotch tape, iron wire and transparent and flexible pvc cloth. The increase in temperature all around the oven allows to reduce the thermal dissipations, thus reaching higher cooking temperatures. Thanks to this improvement, we were able to pass from a maximum temperature of 165 °C (329 °F) to a maximum temperature of more than 195 °C (383 °F).
- June 2016: Sentinelle dell'Energia are signing a collaboration agreement with I.R.S. Aurora social cooperative, which manages and directs several therapeutic communities in Marche Region. According to that, one of the associates of Sentinelle dell'Energia is collaborating with some youngsters from the community of CND Fenile and of Monte Illuminato for the construction and realization of some solar ovens, starting with Teong Tan's Fun Panel. At the time of writing, thy've already realized three Fun Panels and they managed to cook rice and an egg yolk, as reported in Sentinelle dell'Energia blog post.
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SentinelleDellenergia
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/5227928
Davide Bianchini Viale Trieste, nr. 245
Pesaro, Marche Region 61121
Tel: +39 3407711315