Last updated: 5 March 2017
Sanu Kaji Shrestha is the Founder and Director of FoST.
FoST has projects in rural communities focusing on empowering women:
- How to cook food, pasteurize water, and dry food in the sun
- How to use solar energy to save time and costly fuel
- How to do retained-heat cooking
- How to reduce household air pollution
- How to manage wastes and convert them into fuel briquettes
- How to empower women through sustainable technologies
All of our efforts address the empowerment of women and aim at establishing a sustainable kitchen in the rural communities. We mostly cover four burning issues: (a) energy and the environment, (b) water-borne diseases, (c) indoor air pollution, and (d) income generation. Based on these things, FoST has developed a wide range of environment-friendly, easily-applicable, sustainable technologies for improving the quality of life of rural communities. We are exploring donors' support continuing and expanding these efforts.
Audio and video
- January 2017:
- July 2006: An audio interview with Sanu Kaji Shrestha
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/fost003 and http://www.facebook.com/sanu.k.shrestha