Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Last updated: 6 April 2016
Sanu Kaji Shrestha is the Founder and Director of FoST.
FoST projects in the rural communities focusing on empowering women:
- How to cook food, pasteurize water, and dry food in the sun
- How to use solar energy to save time and costly fuel
- How to do retained-heat cooking
- How to reduce household air pollution
- How to manage wastes and convert them into fuel briquettes
- How to empower women through sustainable technologies
All of our efforts address the empowerment of women and aim at establishing a sustainable kitchen in the rural communities. We mostly cover four burning issues: (a) energy and the environment, (b) water-borne diseases, (c) indoor air pollution, and (d) income generation. Based on these things, FoST has developed a wide range of environment-friendly, easily-applicable, sustainable technologies for improving the quality of life of rural communities. We are exploring donors' support continuing and expanding these efforts.
News and recent developments
- February 2010: I attended the Mediterranean Conference on Sustainable Engineering and met with Andreas Fasoulides in Cyprus and discussed on the possible collaboration. I sold a solar CooKit to the participant from Palestine. I got great interest my briquette presses (smallest press just 5 kgs) and briquette stove from the participants from Tufts University. It was a very successful event.
- March 2008: The BBC’s annual World Challenge competition honors individuals and organizations that make a difference through enterprise and innovation at a grassroots level. The top 12 projects were promoted on the television program BBC World and in Newsweek magazine, followed by a public voting period. Solar cooker promoter Sanu Kaji reports that his organization, Foundation for Sustainable Technologies (FoST), was a top three finalist, winning $10,000 for its Cooking Without Gas project. The project was selected over nearly 1,000 others. Kaji Shrestha is grateful for the votes and support from the solar cooking community. In a letter to Solar Cookers International, he wrote, “Part of the credit goes to you and your solar cooking network for lobbying, and untiring support in our efforts.” Congratulations to Kaji Shrestha and FoST for this well-deserved honor!
- July 2006: An audio interview with Sanu Kaji Shrestha
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/fost003 and http://www.facebook.com/sanu.k.shrestha