Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Last updated: 5 April 2016
Pedro Serrano is the Latin America and Iberia representative of the Solar Cookers International Network. He has presented papers at many international meetings and was involved in the successful solar cooker project in Villaseca, Chile, which has become a tourist attraction. He is also the president of Fundación Terram.
- October 2013: Celestino Ruivo, Doctor of the University of Coimbra's academic and University of Algarve, Portugal, visited the Technical University Federico Santa Maria in Chile, invited by the Academic Department of Architecture, Pedro Serrano. Both belong to international solar cooking organizations. Dr. Ruvio has been developing new lightweight and portable solar cookers, and spent time with students to discuss innovation. Later they traveled to Villaseca to visit Delicias del Sol, the popular local solar restaurant. More information... (Spanish)
Audio and video
- April 2016: Michael Bonke interviews Pedro Serrano about the solar restaurant, Villaseca, in Chile, with also his reflections on CONSOLFOOD 2016. - SunPod (The nineteen minute interview begins in German for the first few minutes and then switches to English.)
- August 2014: Solar Cookers in Chile: Technical, Political and Socio-cultural Issues - Pedro Serrano
- January 2009: Dissemination of solar cooking process in Portugal and Chile during last two years - Celestino Ruivo & Pedro Serrano
- November 2007: Report on meeting in Algarve, Portugal
- July 2006: 20 Years of Solar Cookers In Chile - Pedro Serrano
Prof. Pedro Serrano
c/o Depto Arquitectura
Tel: office: +56 32 22654106
Home: +56 32 812137
Fax: +56 32 2654108