Paul Munsen is the president of Sun Ovens International. SUN OVENS is located in Elburn, Illinois USA, and is a leading manufacturer of high quality solar cooking devices. SUN OVENS were developed to combat deforestation and slow down global warming, and are currently being used in 130 counties around the world.
Paul has been involved in solar cooking projects in developing countries on 5 continents and is currently involved with projects supported by:
- Rotary International
- United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
- U.S. Department of Energy
- Overseas Private Investment Corporation (OPIC)
- UN High Commissioner on Refugees (UNHCR)
- South African Ministry of Minerals and Energy
- World Bank
Paul has addressed the United Nations Commission on Sustainable Development at the UN Headquarters in New York. He is the past-president of the Illinois Society for International Development.
Audio and video
Articles in the media
- May 2011: Sun-baked meals gaining popularity - Utah Daily Herald
- SUN OVENS Cooking Essentials Seminars in Texas!
- April 2009: Paul Munsen interviewed by Studio Five
- Paul Munsen of Sun Ovens International interviewed on NPR's Worldview program
- Using the Dixie Sun for Solar Cooking The Villager Sun Oven was in St. George, Utah and was picked up by the television station in that area, KCSG. You can watch the video from the segment, which lasts about 2.5 minutes and talks about many of the different elements of the Sun Oven - environmentally friendly, great tasting food (more moist) and just something fun to cook in.
- Remewable Energy - Solar Power Paul Munsen discusses how sun ovens operate and their importance in countries with high rates of deforestation.
- Sun Ovens International is Saving Trees and Cutting Deadly Pollution
- Solar Ovens Utilize Nature's Rays
- Solar Oven Demo Boosts Culinary Skills
- Harnessing the Sun Brightens Tsunami Rebuilding
- Use the Sun to Cook Your Meals
- Paul Munsen Talks Tech with Craig Peterson
- Science Hero: Paul Munsen: Solar Oven Man