Last updated: June 16, 2014
The photograph shows only two concentrators to explain the concept while actually three to five concentrators will be used in field depending on site conditions. In the inset the focus on the receiver is shown.
Salient features of the new system are:
- Multiple reflectors with square shape in plan.
- Compact design as the shape is switched over to square than round.
- 100% aperture area available round the year. (Established Scheffler technology gives approximately 60% average aperture area.)
- Single axis fixed speed daily automatic tracking eliminates need of sensors and complicated hardware. Tracking system is easy to operate and maintain. Seasonal tracking is manual to be set once in 3-4 days.
- Photograph shows two reflectors of 6.25 sqm each delivering 2000 to 2500 Watts per reflector. Trials on higher sizes of 10 sqm and 15 sqm square and rectangular dishes are to be conducted before standardization.
- Expected cost of this system installation after commercialization is around Rs. 15000/- per kW installation with payback period of less than 30 months without subsidies. This is very comfortable for Industries.
- Performance: For air working temp. of 250° C is comfortably achieved. Max. temp. attained for air is about 400° C. Thermic fluid can be comfortably used with second stage heat exchanger for steam generation.
Patent application pending. Intellectual property rights with Prof. Ajay Chandak.
[Text for this page was taken from http://www.princeindia.org/new_invention.htm.]
- July 2006: Solar Energy for Quality Improvement in the Food-Processing Industry - Prof. Ajay Chandak
- See PRINCE.