Last edited: 22 September 2016
A group of students at the Caledonian College of Engineering have made a solar-powered cooker that can make enough biryani in just one hour to feed 100 people. At a student hostel that feeds 70 to 100 people three or four meals a day, the use of the solar cooker would save $20,000 USD over the course of 15 years.
- NEW: 21-23 March 2019: AfriShiners - The AfriShiners 3rd International Workshop is taking place in Eldoret, Kenya. (Unfortunately, registration is full for this event). More information...
- Main article: History of solar cooking
Climate and culture
Construction plans in Arabic
- CooKit variation (made from smaller pieces of cardboard)
- Minimum Box Cooker
- Solar Water Pasteurizer
Articles in the media
- April 2015: Omani students build solar cooker that feeds 100 people - Times of Oman
- Main article: Solar Cookers International Association
Manufacturers and vendors