Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
News can be seen at the News log. All other new content added to the site can be seen below:
- Video: Julie Greene, SCI Executive Director, presenting at TEDxSacramento
- Audio: Sea Change Radio interview with Julie Greene
- Video: Las cocinas solares llegaron ayer a la playa de La Antilla - Canalcosta
- Kenya news: Faustine Odaba conducted a workshop about solar and heat-retention cooking cooking in Lordariak, Kajiado County, Kenya located between Nairobi and the Tanzanian border, for 132 participants.
- Page: Nakivale Refugee Settlement
- Video: Aquí la tierra - Un electrodoméstico revolucionario - TVE
- Brazilian promoter: Surian dos Santos
- Retained-heat cooker design: KotoThermosCooker
- Page: United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
- Cooker design: The LIBERTAD 400, a collapsable parabolic solar cooker from France.
- EVENT: 19 November 2016: (Ihiala, Nigeria) Solar Technology Fair at the Mother Paul Offiah Memorial Boy's Secondary School Azia
- Solar dryer design: SimplaSec Plus Solar Dryer
- Report: The Effect of Thickness of Aluminium Films on Optical Reflectance - Robert Lugolole and Sam Kinyera Obwoya
- Video: Caritas Chinh Toa and Solar Serve in Danang helped flood victims in Quang Binh
- Construction plans: Food drying attachment for solar panel cookers
- Uganda news: Makerere Students Assemble 'Made in Uganda' Solar Cooker - allAfrica
- EVENT: 3 November - 4 December 2016: (Aubagne, France) An experimental solar restaurant, "Le Présage" has been opened by chef, Ghislaine Milliet in Aubagne for one month.
- Cooker design: UltraLightCooker Traveller
- Cooker accessory: SunLife has developed a simple scaffold to raise the cook pot and provide a way for carrying
- Report: SunLife releases its Annual Report for 2015.
- Italy news: Forni solari da Murlo a Palermo - (English version)
- Device manual: Sol*Saver Manual
- Cooker design: UltraLightCooker Scout
- Media article (Nepal): Experts stress on providing clean cooking solution for all - myRepública
- Argentina news: Listen to Pierre Herrouët from Solar Inti explain how they his group is working to distribute solar cookers in the rugged Puna region of Argentina. The radio interview (Spanish).
- Video: Como construir una cocina solar de caja (Easy Lid)
- Manufacturer page: Clique Solar designs and installs versions of the ARUN 100 technology throughout India.
- India news: New solar thermal steam cooking system installed in Mahrashtra.
- EVENT: 29 October 2016: (Uruguay) Uruguay Events
- Media article (UK): UK family cuts its bills and carbon emissions - The Oxford Times
- Report: Construct a fresnel lens base from foam and a heated cutting wire - (English version)
- Media article (Spain): La cocina solar y sus beneficios - Huelva Información
- EVENT: Fall 2016: (Online) Dr. Ajay Chandak is organizing free workshops on Whatsapp. The first two are on solar cooking and innovative financing for solar power projects. Information to register...
- Patent: Non-imaging system for radiant energy flux transformation (Patent #US20020139414A1)
- Solar Cookers International news: Julie Greene, SCI Executive Director, was nominated for the Outstanding Women Leaders Award for Vision by the National Association of Women Business Owners, Sacramento Valley. More info...
- Solar Cookers International news: Solar Cookers International proudly joined Peace Boat Int'l to demonstrate solar cooking in New York, NY on 20 October 2016.
- Switzerland news: Solemyo is offering solar cooker workshops at their location in Geneva through the fall and winter
- Manufacturer page: ISOMET has a long history of promoting solar cooking and drying in Burkina Faso.
- Media article (Solari): Solari, la pentola per cucinare a energia solare. L'idea di Bodin Hon, designer giramondo con la passione per l'Italia - (English version) - L'Huffington Post
- Media article (The Gambia): Mental health facility receives donation of solar appliances to help with patient recovery'
- Report: How Solar Connect sustains the solar cooking business - Kawesa Mukasa, Director
- Report: Développement et expérimentation d’un nouveau cuiseur solaire stationnaire - A. Harmim * , M. Merzouk 1, M. Boukar et M. Amar
- EVENT: 15-16 October 2016: (La Paz, Bolivia) Inti Illimani is offering a two-day workshop covering the construction and use of solar cookers in the Sopocachi neighborhood of La Paz. More information at: asociación.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sudan news: All-metal solar box cooker in production from the Solar Energy Enterprises Company
- EVENT - 10 October 2016 - 22:00 GMT (16:00 Central Time - Chiapas): Nociones basicas de la concentración solar.
- El Salvador news: In 2017, Cocina Solar Booix is planning to collaborate with Grupo El Salvador de Ingeniería Sin Fronteras and distribute 100 of their box cookers to families in El Salvador.
- Parvati Solar Cooker news: Parvarti Solar Cooker available through eBay
- Algeria news: The Renewable Energy Development Center of Algeria has developed the Asymetric CPC box solar cooker.
- Media article (India): HIMURJA provides over 37,000 solar cookers - daijiworld
- Senegal news: Pilot project initiated in Diouloulou, South Senegal with assistance from Solar Cooking KoZon
- Document: Ben Stove workspace - Dieter Seifert
For older news and site additions, please see the Solar cooking news archive.