- EVENT: : 16-18 April 2018: (Tiemcen, Algeria):- The Research-2-Practice Forum 2018: Energy, Water Security and Climate Change in Africa will be meeting at the Pan African University Institute for Water and Energy Sciences.
- Afghanistan news: Trust in Education leads the way in distributing inexpensive solar cookers
- Nicaragua news: Solar energy ‘like light from heaven’ for rural Nicaragua - The Irish Times
- WAPI news: Akihiko Kumagai and Marshall Ndlovu from California State University, Sacramento, California, USA, offer a series of short videos explaining WAPI production
- Improved combustion stove news: Can these 'stoves' finally crack the clean cooking problem? - Devex
- Kenya news: Bernhard Müller of Lernen - Helfen - Leben e.V. held a 2-day solar cooking workshop at the Korando Education Centre in Kisumu County, Kenya.
- Madagascar news: Regula Ochsner, of Association pour le Développement de l'Energie Solaire, reports on their recent solar cooking activity in Madagascar
- Nepal news: FoST demonstration of sustainable technologies at the Kathmandu International Study Center, Dhobighat, Kathmandu, Nepal
- Individual news: Louise Meyer to be the recipient of the Leaders in Energy award
- Food processing news: An updated program for CONSOLFOOD 2018, which takes place in Faro, Portugal in January, is now available.
- Manufacturer news: The popular All Season Solar Cooker has been updated for 2017
- Heat storage publication: Experimental characterization of a solar cooker with thermal energy storage based on solar salt - G. Coccia, G Di Nicola, S Tomassetti, G. Gabrielli, M. Chieruzzi, M. Pierantozzi - Journal of Physics
- Somalia news: The Somalia government has announced that it will include solar cooking in their Nationally Determined Contributions, the national statement that defines a country's approach to achieving the goals outlined in the Paris Agreement (reported at COP23).
- Photovoltaic cooker design: Compact photovoltaic 12v induction cooker prototype - Puttaraj & Ashok Kundapur
- Chad news: Jesuit inventor frees women from the bondage of firewood and smoke
- EVENT: : 29 November, 2017, Wednesday (Online webinar): Winrock & U.S. EPA Cook Stoves & Indoor Air presents a webinar to hear Jim Jetter and his U.S. EPA colleagues discuss results from recent EPA cookstove research, including the latest round of cookstove/fuel test reports.
- EVENT: : 30 November-1 December, 2017 (Pittsburg, Pennsylvania, USA): The Student Energy Summit will take place at the Carnegie Science Center, with this year's theme of Innovations in Energy.
- Nicaragua news: Solar energy ‘like light from heaven’ for rural Nicaragua - Irish Times
- United Kingdom news: Great British Solar Bake Off 2017, held in Chepstow, United Kingdom
- Haiti video: How a Haitian village cooks with sunlight
- Puerto Rico news: The World Central Kitchen responds to the food crisis
- Solar advocate: Dedicated solar cooking proponent, Roger Haines, visits India, Kenya, and Uganda in 2017
- Business development: The Avon Ladies Of Renewable Energy – Solar Sister Bringing Light & Jobs To African Women - GirlTalkHQ
- Canada news: Oven cooks using the power of the sun, offered by marine supplier in New Foundland - The News
- Bangladesh news: Green initiative goes slow, lacks support - The Daily Star
- Kenya news: Kakuma Refugee Camp setting the pace in use of renewable energy
- Morocco news: Greenpeace Launches Solar Energy Education Project in Morocco - Morocco World News; Dans différentes régions du Maroc, Greenpeace transmet les rudiments de la cuisine à l'énergie solaire - (English version) - Huffpost Maroc
- South Africa report: The Role of Women in Sustainable Energy Development - Elizabeth Cecelski
- Manufacturer news: GoSun announces the GoSun Go, a smaller version of the company's original solar cooker
- Kenya news: Kenya brings in world's toughest plastic bag ban: four years jail or $40,000 fine - The Guardian
- Wiki article: Sun Scoop Lite
- Article in the media: How stoves can help solve a global pollution crisis - CBS News MoneyWatch
- Document: Rethinking the Box Oven - Dar Curtis
- USA news: Hubbard ‘Solar Sisters’ share love of cooking with sun - WKBN 27
- Wiki article: Greenpeace
- Earthquake response: Julie Greene from SCI, and Ole Kaven, geophysicist, discuss earthquakes and solar cooking options when power is out. Julie's discussion begins at 14:30 in this recording from 2015. - 3BL Media
For older news and site additions, please see the Solar cooking news archive.