Last updated: September 14, 2015
Natalia Blackburn is a registered mechanical engineer and principal at Blackburn Engineering. She lives with her family in Shingle Springs, California, USA, and has been active with the Solar Cookers International organization since 1998.
Recent news and developmentsEdit
- July 2014: Characteristics of Solar Cooking Households in the United States: Comparison with the U.S. RECS Survey, Solar Cookers International, Proceedings of the SCInet Solar Cooking Convention 2014.
- July 2014: Quantifying Energy Savings of Thermal Solar Cookers in U.S. Households © 2014, American Solar Energy Society, Proceedings of the 2014 National Solar Conference (SOLAR2014).
- July 2013: Our Environmental Handprint © 2013, Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. Presented at the 2013 IEEE Conference on Technologies for Sustainability, in Portland, Oregon, USA.
- October 2012 - April 2013: Natalia developed and conducted the USA Solar Survey, which began in the last quarter of 2012. The objective of this study is to develop a set of protocols to measure energy savings and dollar savings attributable to the use of solar cookers in USA residential households.
Audio and videoEdit
- July 2015: Natalia Blackburn: Quantifying Energy Savings of Solar Cookers in U.S. Households: The Feasibility of Measuring the Savings
- July 2014: