Last updated: 23 February 2017
Morpho Solar is a spin-off company from the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU). Their technology development is based on eight years of research from NTNU, working with seven cooperative African universities.
The founders of the group are Even Larsen, Dag Haneberg, and Guro Seim, with backgrounds in education, social science, and material technology.
Their goal is to let people in developing countries be able to cook more efficiently and safely at all hours of the day. They are working on a system to enable solar cooking after sunset by constructing and testing small scale concentrating solar heat collectors with integrated heat storage units.
Recent news and developments
- August 2015: Guro Seim, co-founder of Morpho Solar, is now the COO at One Earth Designs and fellow co-founder, Even Larsen, is the Chief Marketing Officer for One Earth Designs.
- October 2014: Guro Seim, CEO of Morpho Solar, announced a breakthrough in the heat storage capabilities for solar cookers. They hope to have a production model ready within a year and a half. The breakthrough was recognized with a $8,000 USD award from the Norwegian Ministry of Petroleum and Energy this past August. The company will begin selling the cooker in Europe, and under an agreement with Cambridge, Mass.-based One Earth Designs in the United States. Read more...
Articles in the media
- December 2015: Cooking with the Sun - iNNOMAG.
- October 2014: Norwegen fürchtet den Tag, an dem das Öl versiegt (English version) - Die Welt
- October 2014: Solar Cookers Get Hot - IEEE Spectrum
- NEW: January 2017:Partnerships and Coalition Building in the Solar Cooking Industry - Building the Industry Together - How to be Partners, Not Competitors - Morpho Solar|Guro Grytli Seim
- NEW: January 2017: Online Marketing Strategies - Tailored for Solar Cooking - Even Haug Larsen
Tel: +1 6178383819
Instagram: Solgrillen and #solgrillen