Last edited: 16 March 2017
- NEW: 21-23 March 2019: AfriShiners - The AfriShiners 3rd International Workshop is taking place in Eldoret, Kenya. (Unfortunately, registration is full for this event). More information...
- March 2017: Refugee crisis strains Lebanon’s deficient electricity network - “The study highlights the necessity of generating an additional 486 megawatts to cater to the electricity usage of displaced Syrians,” Abi Khalil said. “In terms of cost, this is equivalent to $333 million per year. According to Robert Sfairy, the senior Energy Consultant to the Energy and Water Ministry, this energy expenditure comes from two primary sources: direct and indirect usage.” […] “In the short term, Sfairy said, many of the reports solutions focus on what he called “demand side” initiatives designed to reduce the burden on the national grid. “These include utilizing energy saving bulbs, solar water heaters and solar cooking kits. These can be implemented in many households, especially in rural and vulnerable areas.” More information...
- November 2013: Ladie Fatimah Trust finances several thousand solar cookers for Iraq, Lebanon, and Africa - A.G. Karim, chairman of The Lady Fatemah Trust, based in the United Kingdom, has agreed to finance several thousand solar cookers designed by Applied Green Technology, to be delivered to Africa, Iraq, and Lebanon. Matthew has also arranged for Andreas Fasoulides, living in Cyprus, to visit Pakistan to lay the groundwork for future solar cooking training workshops, to enable them to supply 100,000 solar cookers currently on provisional order. He also wants to explore sales possibilities in Latin America. Matthew is close to releasing his new solar cooker design developed from the basic CooKit solar panel cooker. It will feature the ability to be able to be adjusted to suit sun orientation at any latitude location on the globe. He states that with the ability to better gather and focus the light, it can often be used without the need for a cooking bag, subject to weather conditions.
Climate and culture
- January 2018: Review on solar cooker systems: Economic and environmental study for different Lebanese scenarios - Amal Herez, et al
Construction plans in Arabic
- CooKit variation (made from smaller pieces of cardboard)
- Minimum Box Cooker
- Solar Water Pasteurizer
- Main article: Solar Cookers International Association
Manufacturers and vendors