Last updated: 30 July 2011
Sir Jimmy McGilligan passed way in July, 2011 as a result of an auto accident. He had been awarded the Order of the British Empire for his and his wife's, Dr. Janak McGilligan's, pioneer work at the Barli Development Institute for Rural Women in India. The McGilligans hosted the International Solar Food Processing Conference 2009 and have been long-time promoters of solar cookers and other labor-saving skills for rural women in Bangalaore, India.
News and recent developments
- July 2011: Sir Jimmy McGilligan has passed way as a result of an auto accident.
- June 2008: Jimmy McGilligan has been awarded an OBE in Her Majesty the Queen’s Birthday Honours list 2008. "For his services to social causes and the use of alternative energy in rural communities in India”, is the recognition of his dedicated service to the rural and tribal women in central India.
- July 2006: Establishing First Solar Kitchen in Madhya Pradesh and Centre for the Awareness Generation and Dissemination of Solar Cooking Technology Among Rural Women of Central India - Jimmy McGilligan
- Janak McGilligan - Jimmy's wife and partner in Barli Institute
- Barli Development Institute for Rural Women