Last updated: 7 November 2016
Cucinare con il Sole is a volunteer organization founded in 2006 by Ottorino Saccon, a teacher and craftsman, and is based in Santa Lucia di Piave TV, Italy. They produce parabolic solar cookers at their facility, and have been introducing solar cooking to villages throughout central Africa, making 3-4 trips each year. They have worked with over thirty groups in workshops, typically with 10 - 20 participants attending.
- 30 May 2017: Matteo Muccioli demonstrates solar cooking to scuola Comasca in Rimini
- 28 May 2017: Matteo Muccioli with the Associazione Astronomica del Rubicone, demonstrates solar cooking at the Don R. Cesari Park in Savignano
- 9 September 2016: Sentinelle dell'Energia held a public presentation about opportunities to promote and diffuse the utilization of solar ovens in refugee camps and in India. The presentation was based on several documents available online, among which are the Jewish World Watch Solar Cooker Project: Best Practices Manual and UNHCR's Cooking Options in Refugee Situations. The entire slide presentation is available on Sentinelle dell'Energia slideshare dedicated page.
- 5-6 September 2016: Matteo Muccioli presented the prototype of his solar cooker (MUMA Solar Cooker) at the Party of the Borgo San Giuliano of Rimini.
- August 2016: Forni solari da Murlo a Palermo - (English version)
- 12-13 August 2016: Sentinelle dell'Energia, together with CND Fenile and Monte Illuminato organized two days of solar cooking at Parco Miralfiore in Pesaro. Using their personally-built Fun Panels, Copenhagens, Heaven's Flame and a rudimental cardboard parabolic solar oven, they cooked pasta with pendolini (tiny tomatoes) and arugula, rice salad, boiled zucchini, boiled eggplants and boiled potatoes, spinach and tofu balls, and vegan cocoa biscuits. They plan a similar gathering at the seaside in the coming weeks.
- Patate Arrosto Forno a Scatola and Panoramica Forni Solari
- November 2013: Cucinare con il Sole is a volunteer organization founded in 2006 by Ottorino Saccon, a teacher and craftsman, based in Santa Lucia di Piave TV, Italy. They produce parabolic solar cookers at their facility in Italy, and have been introducing solar cooking to villages in countires throughout central Africa, making 3-4 trips each year. They have worked with over 30 groups in workshops, with typically with 10 - 20 participants attending. At Sessene, 15 kilometers from the city of Thies in Senegal, villagers assemble their first solar cooker. Soon after, in the shade of a baobab mother, they share a meal of cooked rice and vegetables.
Climate and culture
Blogs and discussion groups
- July 2006: Solar cooking for Africa: Three Years of International Cooperation from Milano, Italy - Mercedes Mas
Articles in the media
- July 2016: Senza gasolio né legna, con il solar cooker si cucina con la luce del sole - Lifegate
- April 2015: Ad Haiti arrivano le cucine solari, il progetto è italiano - Adnkronos (English version)
- August 2009: La tecnologia del solar cooking - GREENSTYLE (English version)
Audio and video
- May 2016:
- October 2012:
- February 2010: