Last updated: October 15, 2013
The International Solar Food Processing Conference 2009 was held on January 14-16, 2009 in Indore, India.
The Solar Food Processing Network was introduced in April 2005 by the International Solar Energy Society (ISES) and funded by WISIONS. Since then, the Network has accumulated more than 120 registered activists, interested groups or individuals from over 40 countries.
The idea of Solar food processing is very old, when we think about traditional solar drying, yet new when we consider new solar thermal technologies which give us new food processing options. The conference aims to share new technologies, concepts and strategies of using the sun as a main energy supply for food processing with a focus primarily on solar food processing for income generation and economic feasibility.
- Advancing towards Achievement of Millennium Development Goals by Training Rural and Tribal Women in Solar Food Processing - A Hands-on Experience at Barli Development Institute for Rural Women in Central India - Dr. Janak Palta McGilligan
- Agave Syrup Production - A Sweet Tradition Goes Solar - Gregor Schäpers
- CHOCOSOL - An Experience of Producing Joy without Generating Malice - Aline Desentis Otálora
- Food Processing through Solar Energy - Mr. Ghanshyam Lukhi
- Energy Meter for Concentrating Solar Cookers to Investigate CO2 Reduction and User Acceptance - Christoph Müller
- Micro-enterprises in Solar Food Processing Technology - Case Study - M. Ramakrishna Rao, D.J. Rao, S.L. Kumar
- Perspectives of Solar Food Processing in India - C. Palaniappan
- Practical Application of Solar Tunnel Dryers - Klaus Triebe
- Promotion of SK14 Solar Cookers through an Eco Center - Case Study of a Unique North-South Co-operation - Dr. Shirin Gadhia
- Promotion Of Smoke Free Villages in Chittoor District & Employment Generation to Rural Youth Through Solar Food Processing - Mr. Jagadeeswara Reddy
- Solar Community Bakeries on the Argentinean Altiplano - Christoph Müller
- Solar Drying of Mushroom Using Solar Tunnel Dryer - B. K. Bala, M. A. Morshed, and M. F. Rahman
- Solar Project - Gambia - Elena Steger-Kassama
- Studies on Fortification of Solar Dried Fruit Bars - G. Sarojini, V. Veena, M. Ramakrishna Rao
- Thematic Studies for Processing and Preservation of Food Supplement, Chilies and Ginger by Drying through Solar Energy - Ranjita Bezbaruah Sharma
- Watermelon Processing in Triple Purpose Solar Integrated Device - P.C. Pande
- Performance Analysis Solar Parabolic Concentrator for Cooking Applications - P. Rajamohan, S. Shanmugan, K. Ramanathan, D. Mutharasu