The International Solar Food Processing Conference 2009 will be held January 14-16, 2009 in Indore, India.
The Solar Food Processing Network was introduced in April 2005 by the International Solar Energy Society (ISES) and funded by WISIONS. Since then, the Network has accumulated more than 120 registered activists, interested groups or individuals from over 40 countries.
The idea of Solar food processing is very old, when we think about traditional solar drying, yet new when we consider new solar thermal technologies which give us new food processing options. The conference aims to share new technologies, concepts and strategies of using the sun as a main energy supply for food processing with a focus primarily on solar food processing for income generation and economic feasibility.
- Presentations (oral sessions, poster sessions)
- Workshops (food and quality standards, technology, marketing)
- Exhibition (technology and solar food products)
- Discussion Forum
- Practical Demonstrations
Aims and functionsEdit
- Provide an active exchange platform for members of the Solar Food Processing Network and solar food activists
- Share experience from all over the world
- Offer workshops with food, marketing and technology experts
- Discuss quality requirements
- Offer practical training about technology and food processing
- Discuss the format of an international solar food standard
- Foster new cooperation between participants of the international conference
- Set new targets for future activities
- Present results from the Solar Food Processing project
We would like to invite you to participate in this conference to share and learn from each other in order to support the idea and development of Solar Food Processing.
We look forward to meeting you in Indore, India in January 2009.
Please note: To take part in the conference, you must be registered.
- Papers Presented at the International Solar Food Processing Conference 2009
- Solar food processing
- Solar Food Processing Network