Any user can remove content from a page, but only admins can delete pages completely. This is often done in cases of spam and vandalism, but may also be used to remove unwanted pages.
Step by step
If you find a page that you feel should be deleted, contact your local admins. If you are an admin, follow the steps below.
Deleting a page
- When you are ready to delete a page, click the arrow on the "Edit" button next to the page title and then click "Delete".
- On the next page, you will see a box labelled "Delete".
- The Delete box allows you to select a pre-written reason from the "Reason" drop-down menu. You can also supply one you wrote yourself in "Other/additional reason".
- You also have the option to follow the page. This will notify you if the page is restored.
- Click the "Delete" button.
- You will be redirected to the main page of the wikia, where a green banner will appear at the top of the page confirming the page’s deletion.
- You can review all deletions in the deletion log, found at Special:Log/delete.
- If someone visits a deleted page they will have an option to restore that page.
Restoring a page
Any deleted page can be also be restored by an admin later.
- To restore a deleted page, go to Special:Undelete.
- Enter the deleted page title in the "Show pages starting with" box and click "Search".
- If you see a list of similarly named pages, find the one you want to restore and click on it.
- In the "Restore revisions" box, take a read of the brief directions, then you can add a restoration reason in the "Reason" box.
- Click the "Restore" button.
- The page will be restored just as it was when it was deleted, and will appear immediately.
Deleting a wikia
Wikias can only be closed by Wikia Staff. If you would like to request a wikia's closure, please send a message to Special:Contact. However, closure is rare as they are community projects, so please provide as much information as possible in your request to explain why.