Last updated: 3 April 2018
The inventors at GoSun state that they have been pouring their lives into bringing this high efficiency, portable solar cooker to the masses. This passion resulted in the GoSun Stove, a practical fuel-free cooking solution, safely sizzling up to 550°F and cooking meals in 20 minutes using only the sun.
- April 2018: Solar Energy Cooking Challenge with Go Sun's Patrick Sherwin -Cision PRWeb
- October 2017: GoSun announces the GoSun Go, a smaller version of the company's original solar cooker
- March 2016: GoSun featured in Epicurious article on how solar cooking can benefit those living in both developing and developed countries
- January 2016: GoSun Grill voted one of the top 10 gadgets at CES 2016 by TechCrunch
- January 2016: GoSun awarded "Best Start-Up Award" by Tech.co at CES 2016
- January 2016: GoSun presented with the Innovation Award for Eco-Design and Sustainable Technologies at CES 2016
- December 2015: GoSun has published their 2015 Annual Report and Three Year Summary.
- April 2015: GoSun Stove is currently running a Kickstarter for their new solar cooker, the GoSun Grill. Check out the Kickstarter page here.
Additionally, the GoSun Stove team aims to reduce the use of dirty fuels such as wood and charcoal for cooking. This will help decrease respiratory illnesses, restore forests, and save critical resources for impoverished families around the world starting in Guatemala.
safe, versatile and fast
Boil, bake or fry - show here with muffins
Breakfast or Dinner, Summer or Winter
brewing coffee is a favorite
We are excited to share our revolutionary solar cooker with you and we hope you'll also find ways to incorporate our technology into what you're doing:
- Innovative Design - The GoSun's patent pending design allows for quick setup and storage, easy cleaning, and compact storage, providing a truly viable alternative to fossil fuels, all in a 3.5LB package.
- Fuel Free/ Green - The GoSun provides a viable alternative to fossil fuels that can hold its own against its dirtier and more expensive carbon based counterparts.
- Sustainable Development Potential - The GoSun Stove addresses many of the problems that have caused solar cookers to fail in the developing world. Fast, durable, and adaptable to a variety of cooking styles.
- Made For A Busy Lifestyle - The GoSun sets up in seconds, and can cook a meal in 20 minutes needing no constant adjusting to the Sun. Easy to clean and durable, the GoSun is the first truly practical portable solar cooker.
- Promotes Solar Energy - The GoSun Stove is a fantastic gateway experience to appreciating the power of the Sun. It’s a natural promotion for the solar industry as a whole.
For more information visit our website at http://www.gosunstove.com.
Thanks for taking the time to check us out,
Patrick, Founder and Inventor
- January 2017: *GoSun Stove - Can Evacuated Tubes Scale to Meet Global Cooking Needs - Patrick Sherwin
Audio and video
- March 2016:
- February 2015:
- August 2013:
- September 2013:
Articles in the media
- October 2017: This Very Cool Piece of Outdoor Cooking Equipment Just Got a Lot Cheaper - Food and Wine
- October 2017: New GoSun portable solar cooker weighs 2 lbs, cooks a meal in 20 minutes - treehugger
- April 2016: 3 Solar Ovens that Give You the Power to Cook with the Sun - EcoWatch
- March 2016: Here Comes the Sun Oven - Epicurious
- January 2016: 10 Of The Coolest Gadgets We Saw At CES 2016 - TechCrunch
- January 2016: The GoSun Stove Cooks With Just The Power Of The Sun - TechCrunch
- January 2016: The hottest trends and gadgets at this year's CES - CNBC
- May 2015: How a Solar Grill Could Change the World - Yahoo Food
- December 2014: Solar Power Can Provide Hot Meals for the Masses - National Geographic