Last updated: 10 June 2015
Gadhia Solar Energy Systems Pvt.Ltd. (which is no longer in business) was a company created by Deepak Gadhia and later owned and directed by Badal Shah.
News and recent developments
- January 2012: Private equity firm Zephyr Peacock has invested Rs 50 crore ($11,343,000 USD) in Mumbai-based Gadhia Solar, sources close to the development told VCCircle. The solar energy company provides energy solutions by using parabolic concentrated technology and has implemented some of the world’s largest solar thermal systems during the past two decades. Read more...
- November 2006: An article by M.A. Siraj, appearing in the November/December 2005 issue of Refocus magazine, highlights a solar cooking system installed by Gadhia Solar Energy Systems for the Indian Army. Here is an excerpt: "The Indian Army has commissioned a giant solar cooking system at Leh in the state of Jammu and Kashmir. Located in the Ladakh region at 4,000 meters, it is said to be the world’s highest altitude solar cooking system with the capacity to prepare food for 500 army personnel. Mr. Deepak Gadhia of Gadhia Solar Energy Systems … [said] this was one of the most challenging projects undertaken by his company as the team had to work in extremely adverse climate conditions such as snow, cold winds and sub-zero temperatures. … Prior to solar cooking being introduced, the army kitchen at this base was using nearly 50 kilograms of liquefied petroleum gas and 70 liters of diesel each day to cook food. Described as an icy desert, the region has no vegetation and hence no firewood. Diesel and gas cylinders are transported by air for the Army and the tribal population. The solar cooking system has halved the consumption of these fuels. Gadhia says the heat is generated by five pairs of 9.5 square meter parabolic reflectors which produce steam that is piped down to the kitchen for cooking purpose." Due to the cold climate, the system requires thick pipe insulation, and must be regularly drained of water when not in use.
Audio and video
- May 2014
- 2012 Gadhia Solar Energy Systems catalog of products
- Scheffler Community Kitchen
- Technical performance data for the ARCA 14 parabolic solar cooker
- January 2009: Parabolic Solar Concentrators for Cooking and Food Processing - Deepak Gadhia
Gadhia Solar Energy Systems
701 LEVEL A/C Market Towers
Tardeo, Mumbai 400043
Tel. +91 0222353221
GSM :00919167836064 MIDDLE EAST NORTH AFRICA
GSM:00919930449059 SOUTH EAST ASIA / AUSTRALIA / CHINA
GSM: 00918080238671 SOUTH AMERICA
GSM :00919167836061 [SOUTH-WEST- EAST] AFRICA