Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Last updated: 8 November 2014
Friendly Appropriate Solar Technologies (FAST) has initiated solar cooking, drying and water pasteurization programs, and solar photo-voltaic programs in Nepal, Mongolia, Indonesia, Peru, Bolivia, Mexico, USA and The Netherlands. FAST is a not-for-profit, volunteer-only network that:
- Promotes the use of solar cooking, drying, and water pasteurization to benefit people and environments worldwide.
- Promotes the Integrated Cooking Method, which includes Rocket stoves and Heat-retention cooking.
- Teaches how to produce solar ovens, solar food dryers, and Water Pasteurization Indicators.
- Designs a variety of solar cookers: box cookers (one to four reflectors), conical reflector cookers, parabolic cookers, and panel cookers. Solar cooker models range from family-size to community kitchen capacities, as well as portable, foldable models for eco-tourism, backpacking and camping.
- Provides consulting and research on a variety of solar technologies, including PV (Photo-Voltaics).
- Conducts workshops, field studies and local adaptations on solar cooker/dryer devices and uses.
- Provides advice towards responsible eco-tourism, National Parks visitor centers with appropriate technology/education, minimizing tourist impact in delicate environments in developing countries.
- Develops educational materials, training programs, and provides technology transfer.
- Demonstrates products that test water for Coliform and E-coli bacterial contamination. Conducts field tests of water supplies.
- Helps organizations in the developing world to develop and market renewable energy products.
- See Allart Ligtenberg.