Last edited: 23 August 2016
The Republic of Fiji is an island country in Melanesia in the southern Pacific Ocean about 1,100 nautical miles northeast of New Zealand's North Island.
In May 2015 Soroptimist International completed the first solar cooking installation in Fiji as part of their "See Solar, Cook Solar" program. The goal of the program is to provide a cleaner and more environmentally friendly cooking solution for women in rural and island locations. Read more...
- NEW: 21-23 March 2019: AfriShiners - The AfriShiners 3rd International Workshop is taking place in Eldoret, Kenya. (Unfortunately, registration is full for this event). More information...
- October 2015: Soroptimist International completes third and final solar cooker installation in Fiji - Read more...
- May 2015: Soroptimist International completed the first solar cooking installation in Fiji as part of their "See Solar, Cook Solar" program. The goal of the program is to provide a cleaner and more environmentally-friendly cooking solution for women in rural and island locations. Read more...
- December 2014: See Solar, Cook Solar, a program run by the humanitarian agency Soroptimist International, will provide solar cookers to women in remote rural and island locations in Fiji, providing a safer, more economical and environmentally-sustainable alternative to traditional kerosene stoves. Soroptimist International clubs in Fiji are working to develop this programme with the Ministry of Women, Welfare and Poverty Alleviation, who are already promoting solar lighting in remote areas, while educating, empowering and enabling opportunities for women and girls.
- Main article: History of solar cooking
Climate and culture
Articles in the media
Audio and video
- Main article: Solar Cookers International Association
Manufacturers and vendors