Last updated: August 14, 2012
Engineers Without Borders Australia's (EWB) vision is of a world where everyone has access to the engineering knowledge and resources required to lead a life of opportunity, free from poverty.
EWB is a member-based not-for-profit organisation with 10 years experience in creating systemic change through humanitarian engineering. They do this by:
- Working in partnership to address a lack of access to basic human needs such as clean water, sanitation and hygiene, energy, basic infrastructure, waste systems, information communication technology and engineering education.
- Educating and training Australian students, engineers and the wider community on issues including sustainable development, appropriate technology, poverty and the power of humanitarian engineering.
- Leading a movement of like-minded people with strong values and a passion for humanitarian engineering within Australia and overseas.
EWB connects, educates and empowers people through humanitarian engineering. Humanitarian engineering uses a people centered, strength based approach to improve community health, well being and opportunity.
Audio and video
- November 2014: EWB-Australia reports: "We have in the past had some projects working with our partners in places such as Nepal that have had some focus on solar cookers, but are not currently working in that field."
- May, 2007
- Engineers Without Borders - Spain
- Engineers Without Borders, UK
- Engineers Without Borders - Iran
- Engineers Without Borders - Sweden