Last updated: 31 October 2017
Engineers Without Borders - Iran was founded by Soheil Salimi in 2012. They are located in Shiraz, in the Fars Province, Iran, which is well-suited for solar cooking, receiving many days of abundant sunshine.
Engineers Without Borders-Iran is a non-profit, non-governmental organization which believes that one of the easiest way to help others is to simply share your knowledge . You don't have to be in front of a classroom to teach .Everywhere and everyday there is an opportunity to educate someone about your area of expertise. Our professional members are try to use their knowledge to seek solutions. Today's we inherited a world characterized by pressing global challenges . We must be prepared to focus our intellectual skill on problems of world health , food security , unequal access to resources , environmental degradation .what's more EWB Iran works in other subjects such as sustainability, astronomy and peace.
Recent news and developments
- August 19, 2016 On Aug. 19, 2016, Engineers Without Borders – Iran organized a workshop titled as ‘solar cooking’ in Sibouye Park. Sibouye is a cultural place located near the famous Shah-e-Cheragh Mosque. This place is famous for cultural/educational activities which hosts different educational and entertaining programs conducted by volunteers for children and families. A box cooker and a panel cooker, the latter was made right at the location, were used to present how solar cookers are made and work. The team could successfully cook an egg in a pan in front of the attendees. The meal got ready in one hour which surprised the attendees including women and children. Moreover, useful information about different kinds of solar cookers and their importance role in our future life was provided through PowerPoint slides and papers. At the end of the workshop, the panel cooker was dedicated to a young boy who showed an exclusive interest in cooking by solar cookers. The team included Ms. Fatemeh Rahimi (MSc. Candidate Mechanical Eng.), Ms. Maedeh Ebrahimi (Agriculture Eng. – MSc.), Mr. Hamed Tavakolipour (MSc. Candidate Environmental Eng.) and Mr. Amir Sharif (Computer Eng. – MSc.).
- August 8, 2014 Soheil Salimi (Founder/President of Engineers Without Borders - Iran) organized an education program for promoting Solar Thermal Cooking in a poor region, Tal e Zard village, Abadeh Tashk, Iran. Razieh Amini nezhad and Fatemeh Rahimi accompanied him during this event too. Local women, girls and children were the attendees of the program on Friday Aug. 8, 2014. Additionally, Soheil talked about “Water Distillation” by Sun since their water has high salt concentration. More information about this training...
- April 30, 2014 Soheil Salimi, founder of Engineers Without Borders - Iran, conducted a solar cooking workshop at Hafez high school for girls. Other members of the Energy team included Razieh Amini nezhad, Fatemeh Rahimi, Niloufar Nekueian and Maryam Alipour.
- December 2013: Engineers Without Borders - Iran (EWB-Iran) participated in "Research Week" (Dec. 14 - 20, 2013) at Fasa University, highlighting the importance of solar cookers. In this seminar they informed students and professors about the different types of solar cookers and their efficiency. The team included Soheil Salimi (Founder and Lecturer), Razieh Amini nezhad (Food Science and Technology student), Niloufar Nekueian (Mathematics student), and Fatemeh Rahimi (Mechanical engineering student). They tested two types of solar cookers. The Suntastic Panel Cooker, which raised the internal temperature of an empty 4-liter black pot with a clear glass lid to 150° C (302° F) in about 30 minutes, and 3 liters of water heated from 26° C (79°F) to pasteurization point, 70°C (158°F), in about 50 minutes. They also teseted the Dual-Setting Panel Cooker (DSPL), which has two different settings to better concentrate sunlight according to the sun altitude. More information can be seen at User blog:Soheil Salimi
- November 2013: The group is organizing their efforts, and plan to hold solar cooking workshops and seminars at several universities, schools, or other public places in Iran to introduce this valuable technology.
Engineers Without Borders - Iran
Founder and President
No 11 - Parnia Apartments- Abrishami Street
Shiraz - Fars Province, 7144718173
Tel.: +98 917 387 1452