Last edited: 12 July 2018
Elmo Dutra Eng, MSc has been a professor and researcher in solar energy since 2000 with particular interest in solar cooking working in southern Brazil in the state of Rio Grande do Sul. He is the founder of Fogão Solar, and has developed the Fogão Parabólico parabolic solar cooker. He works with his students to create new projects, and also offers solar cookers from other manufacturers for sale through his website.
He also has been experimenting with his own heat-retention cooking device. A cardboard box lined with polystyrene insulation and surfaced with reflective film. And using a standard pressure cooker preheated, and placed inside.
- January 2018: Mylar surfaced reflectors - Making the Petals of Solar Cookers with Mylar and Sheet Coroplast - Elmo Dutra, December 2017
- June 2017: New solar cooks in Morro da Cruz - Long time thermal solar advocate, Professor Elmo Dutra, conducted a solar cooking workshop in Morro da Cruz on the basics of how to construct and use solar panel cookers. The simple cookers were able to reach 180 °C (356 °F). Happy with the results, the new solar cooks are enthusiastic to show others what they have learned.
- April 2016: Elmo Dutra presented solar cookers at Ensus 2016 (Encontro de Sustentabilidade de Projetos) at the Federal University of Santa Catarina.
- January 2016: Solar Cooking in South Brazil: Dissemination and Barriers - Elmo Dutra
Audio and video
- September 2015:
- June 2018: Making Petals of Solar Cookers With Mylar and alveolar PP sheets - Elmo Dutra
276/902 Padre Carmine Fasulo St
Caxias do Sul
Tel: +55 (54) 32091251
Mobile: +55 (54) 99849277