Last edited: 26 December 2017
- NEW: 21-23 March 2019: AfriShiners - The AfriShiners 3rd International Workshop is taking place in Eldoret, Kenya. (Unfortunately, registration is full for this event). More information...
- March 2006: Armando Herculano reports that he leads solar cooking demonstrations and workshops for schools, nongovernmental organizations, and local agencies. He recently designed a panel-type solar cooker called Girassol (“sunflower”). Its pentagonal shape eliminates the need to reorient the cooker to track the sun’s movement. With teacher friend António Serafim, Armando Herculano introduced the solar cooker to classes at National University of East Timor. This event was covered in local newspapers as well as on television.
- Main article: History of solar cooking
Climate and culture
- Wikipedia article on the climate of East Timor
- See also Solar cooker dissemination and cultural variables
Articles in the media
- December 2017: Rainbow Power Company donates solar oven to Timor-Leste - Echo NetDaily
- Main article: Solar Cookers International Association
Manufacturers and vendors