Dr. Dieter Seifert has been called "the father of the parabolic solar cooker." He is the developer of the SK line of parabolic solar cookers and helps many organizations with these. Dieter promotes use of deep focus, high quality cookers together with heat retention cookers. About 16,000 SK's produced.
Recent news and developments
- May 2013: Pioneering couple reflect on the state of solar cooking - For almost forty years, Imma Seifert has been involved in the promotion of solar cooking technology. She has used all the solar cooking devices that her husband Dieter Seifert has designed. Seifert’s solar cookers are today used by thousands of people around the world. For 157 days during 2011, Imma cooked all meals for her family in Germany using the 1.4-meter parabolic SK-14 solar cooker. On many of these days she baked bread and cakes, produced jam and made fruit juices. She combines solar cooking with the use of a retained-heat cooking device. On all sunny mornings, she brings ten liters of water to a boil and keeps it hot for use during the day and evening in an insulated retained-heat container (studies have shown that 1/3 of the energy needed for cooking is required simply to bring water up to a boil). Imma and Dieter are convinced that quality solar cookers are not only helpful in overcoming the firewood crisis, but can reduce poverty in developing countries. They believe that solar cookers should also be used in industrialized countries and have proposed a large solar cooking program in Spain, where currently 50% of the youth are unemployed. They also urge schools to teach solar cooking not only as a clean energy technology, but also as a symbol of global cooperation and sustainable development.
- April 2012: Very encouraging interview by Manolo Vilchez , CEO of alSol - Spain with Dieter & Inma Seifert about their developments and worldwide experiences with the parabolic solar cooker invented by Dieter Seifert in 1983 in Germany. In Spanish. El texto de la entrevista está aquí... - (English version)
Audio and video
- July 2006: Audio interview in which Dr. Dieter Seifert discusses how to use CDM to finance solar cooking projects
- May 2013: Audio Interview with Dieter and Imma Seifert about the history of the SK parabolic cookers (German)
Articles in the media
- May 2013: “La cocina parabólica es mucho más que un horno”: Entrevista Imma y Dieter Seifert - ERA Solar
- August 2009: Interview with Dieter Seifert by Costa Rican press - August 2009
- July 2006: Clean Development Mechanism (CDM) - A Powerful Instrument to Fulfill the UN Millenium Goals - Experiences, Visions and Suggestions - Dieter Seifert
- October 1999: Proposals for A Global Solar Cooker Program - Dieter Seifert
D-84 524 NEUOTTING