The Development Technology Centre is affiliated with the University of Zimbabwe. As of 2005, it had distributed 14,000 CooKits, mostly by sales.
What works in the promotion of solar cookers:
- Participation of the government
- Involvement of local leadership
- Promoters should be well trained, have interest, be enthusiastic practitioners-teach from experience and have patience.
- The truth about what the solar cooker can do and what it cannot do must be made clear
- Users must be encouraged to practice and experiment with solar cookers
Recent news and developmentsEdit
- January 2014: Norman Mhazo reports that he is currently building solar box cookers for the pasteurization of milk. Other current projects include photo-voltaics, solar drying, solar water pasteurization, and other solar technologies.