Last updated: January 13, 2014
The Development Technology Centre is affiliated with the University of Zimbabwe. As of 2005, it had distributed 14,000 CooKits, mostly by sales.
What works in the promotion of solar cookers:
- Participation of the government
- Involvement of local leadership
- Promoters should be well trained, have interest, be enthusiastic practitioners-teach from experience and have patience.
- The truth about what the solar cooker can do and what it cannot do must be made clear
- Users must be encouraged to practice and experiment with solar cookers
Recent news and developmentsEdit
- January 2014: Norman Mhazo reports that he is currently building solar box cookers for the pasteurization of milk. Other current projects include photo-voltaics, solar drying, solar water pasteurization, and other solar technologies.
- See Norman Mhazo.