Last updated: 26 May 2016
Deepak and his late wife Shirin Gadhia, formerly of Gadhia Solar Energy Systems Pvt. Ltd., were awarded the "Business Leadership Award 2005 for Solar Thermal" at the annual International Congress on Renewable Energy (ICORE) in Hyderabad last February. The award was received from the Solar Energy Society of India (SESI), a member of the International Solar Energy Society (ISES). "Like all pioneering work, initially the path had been a slow, up-hill process," said the Gadhias. "But now, due to ever increasing energy costs and environmental catastrophes like global warming, it makes mankind realize that clean, renewable, sustainable technologies are the best possible option." Upon winning the award, the Gadhias acknowledged Dr. Dieter Seifert and Wolfgang Scheffler, whose solar concentrator cooking technologies are promoted by Gadhia Solar. Dr Shirin Gadhia, his wife passed away on 5th April 2011 after a brave and short battle with cancer. Deepak Gadhia Solar has moved to Muni Seva Ashram, is a Trustee there, and looks after Renewables and Sustainability of Ashram. He has sold his shares in Gadhia Solar to Mr. Badal Shah. He now mentors and supports many start-ups like Excellent Renewable Pvt. Ltd, a Biogas company and GreenForce Enviro Pvt. Ltd, a company in Mumbai that offers Green Solutions. He is also Chairman of Gehrlicher Solar India Pvt. Ltd. a JV between Gehrlicher Solar AG of Germany and GreenForce and offers EPC Solutions for MW Solar Parks. Mr. Gadhia was a Solar Cookers International Board member in 2012.
- May 2016: Deepak Gadhia will be presenting on solar cooking at the International SolarZentrum Conference in Germany. Read more here.
- April 2016: CONSOLFOOD 2016 presentation - Evolution of Solar Concentrating Technologies in India, from the domestic community to institutional cooking. New solar concentrator technologies to expand its usage for the food processing industry (process heating, cooling, drying, etc) - Deepak Gadhia, Chief Mentor, EnerSun Power Tech P. Ltd & Trustee of Muni Seva Ashram, India
- February 2013: The Solar Food Processing Network (SFPN) held a regional workshop in January 2013 at the Muni Seva Ashram in Goraj, Vadodara, Gujarat, India. This gathering was a follow-up to the 2009 AFPN conference held in Indore, India in 2010. Workshop participants heard from food marketing and technology experts. Conference organizers, Deepak Gadhia and Rolf Behringer held discussions on local and international marketing, village industries, packaging, policy interventions, R&D, and effective monitoring and evaluation of projects. Attendees discussed the formation of an international solar food standard and shared their own practical experiences using solar technology for food processing. Visit the Solar Food Processing Network to see a muscial video of the event and videos of solar food processing projects in Burkina Faso.
Articles in the media
- June 2012: Gujarat septuagenarian taps solar power - Daily News and Analysis
Audio and video
- July 2015:
- May 2014:
- January 2009: Indian Case Study of Bundling of Solar Steam Cooking Projects to Sell Gold Atandards Certified Emission Reduction (CER) and Voluntary Emission Reductions (VER) - Deepak Gadhia
- January 2009: Parabolic Solar Concentrators for Cooking and Food Processing - Deepak Gadhia
- Muni Seva Ashram
- A large collection of photographs of solar cooking devices at the Muni Ashram
- Solar Cooker Review article on Deepak and and Shirin Ghadia receiving the Business Leadership Award 2005 for Solar Thermal
Mobile: +91 9825117353
Office: +91 2668268010
Fax: +91 2668268050