This page lists events related to solar cooking throughout the world. To add your event to this page, email event information to email@example.com.
- October 3 - November 13, 2016: Appropriate Technology for the Developing World - Are you interested in international development, humanitarian work, or helping others with renewable energy internationally? If you answered yes, this course, put on by Solar Energy International is for you! The first section of this course surveys technologies that aim to improve people’s access to basic human needs: water and sanitation, food processing and cooking technologies, biomass, rural electrification, and appropriate building techniques. The second section of the class focuses on project development and implementation. Throughout this course the focus is on the community- their needs, how to guide decision makers to understand the benefits of different technologies, and how to learn from the community. Working with a community will ensure the success of an appropriate technology project. Register here...
- August 5-7, 2016: Spitak Solar Cooking Festival - Guests will be able to stay for free at the Center in Spitak (donation are appreciated). The guests will need to pay for their own food. Spitak is 100 km. North of the capital Yerevan. Bus transport is available. For more information write firstname.lastname@example.org.
- November 10-12, 2016: (Qingdao) The Solar Energy Forum-2016 is the first to take place in China. Organizers hope to have over 100 oral presentations in the field of solar energy. Those interested in presenting about solar cooking will be included in Session 4- Smart Solar Applications and Services, and should not delay in contacting organizers. The forum is intended to provide a platform for professionals around the world to exchange state-of-the-art research and development and identify research needs and opportunities in this emerging field. More information...
- January 16-22, 2017: (Vadodara, Gujarat) Solar Cookers International is organizing the next solar cooking conference to take place at the Muni Seva Ashram in Goraj (near Vadodara), Gujarat, India from 16-22 January, 2017. Topics to be addressed include: solar cooking, solar food processing, energy policy, marketing & scaling up, coalition building & entrepreneurship, and solar thermal industrial applications. Applications for abstracts are still being accepted on these topics and others. See a complete list of topics and submittal information. The conference is also seeking corporate sponsorship.
- October 5-7, 2016: (Capri) AEIT 2016 International Annual Conference: Sustainable Development in the Mediterranean Area, Energy and ICT Networks of the Future. The energy conference, with a broad range of topics, will focus on issues relevant to the Mediterranean region. More information...
- NEW: October 14-16, 2016: (Ouarzazate) Morocco Solar Festival
- NEW: March 23-25, 2017: (Lahore) Solar Pakistan 2017 will be taking place at the Lahore Expo Centre. "The main focus of this exhibition is to highlight the importance of the most practical and readily available non-conventional renewable resource i.e. Solar Energy." It appears the primary focus will concern photovoltaics but organizers are soliciting exhibiters in the solar drying sector. More information...
- NEW: July 27, 2016: (Faro) EcoSol Meeting - Surprise moment with Padre Himalaya and a solar lunch will take place at the Instituto Superior de Engenharia - Universidade do Algarve, Campus da Penha, Faro-Portugal. Meeting language will be Portuguese, but this will be not a big barrier if you are interested in this solar cooking activity. More information...
- October 11-14, 2016 (Palma, Mallorca): 11th ISES EuroSun Conference - The International Conference on Solar Energy for Buildings and Industry is being organized by the International Solar Energy Society (ISES) , Asociación Espanola de Energia Solar (AEDES), and the University of the Balearic Islands. The conference "will be a unique platform to discuss the latest developments with leading solar energy specialists as well as policy makers and industry representatives. The congress will host topic sessions, keynote speakers, plenary sessions and open discussion forums, as well as social events where you will have the opportunity to network, to meet old friends and to make new contacts."
- Conference topics include:
- Solar Architecture and Net Zero Energy Buildings
- Solar Heat for Industrial Processes.
- Thermal Storage
- Solar Thermal Systems: Domestic Hot Water, Space Heating and Cooling
- Solar Assisted District Heating and Cooling and Large Scale Applications
- Testing & Certification
- Solar Thermal Collectors and Solar Loop Components
- PV and PVT systems for buildings and industry
- Solar Resource and Energy Meteorology
- Solar Education
- Renewable Energy Strategies and Policies
- Wolfgang Scheffler will make a keynote presentation on using solar thermal energy for steam generation. Registration is open until July 10, 2016. More information...
- NEW: August 4-7, 2016: (Chepstow) Visit the UK Green Gathering, which will be run exclusively on wind and solar, and take part in the "2016 All World Fireless Cooker Beauty Contest" promoted by SLiCK solar cookers. An impartial judging panel will be drawn from festival attendees. Send hard copy A4 photos of your fireless cooker with a short write-up if you can not attend. Details to come on the SLiCK website. SliCK will also be displaying and demonstrating their solar cookers.
- NEW: July 23 - August 6, 2016: (Dexter) People will be gathering at the Lost Valley Educational Center and eco-village, situated on eighty seven acres of mostly forested land located at 81868 Lost Valley Ln, Dexter, OR 97431, for solar cooking and camping. More information...
- Solar Cooker at Cantina West will arrange solar cooking classes and demonstrations throughout Utah and southern Nevada for interested groups. Shade and seating will be provided for the class. More information...